“Very nice stay in Florence”

Hotel Orto De Medici
Ranked #39 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Spent 3 nights at the Hotel Orto de Medici, and enjoyed it. The room was very large with a nice bathroom. The only complaint was that the room was a bit drab, and could definitely use some updating. But besides that, the hotel was overall great for us. Friendly staff, decent breakfast (got a little old by the 3rd morning, but most do) and great location.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
gflorence, Responsabile reception at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Thanks for your positive review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We are gradually updating our rooms, so I hope next time you will choose a renovated room. Thank you for sharing your impressions. They are most precious for us and the next travellers.
Francesco Bini.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,245)

Reviewed April 14, 2013

My wife daughter and I stayed for a week and found the hotel to be very comfortable and well located for the city sights. We had a triple room on the top floor which had the unexpected bonus of a balcony/roof terrace. The room was generally nicely appointed although it was in need of some high level cleaning and possibly redecoration. The beds, though firm, were comfortable. The hotel while central is not too close to the major traffic routes so external noise was not a problem as it seems to be in some other Firenze hotels. We did suffer some issues with other noisy guests but this is partly due to the preponderance of marble floors and high ceilings - beautiful buildings aren't naturally quiet. Breakfasts were excellent and the staff very knowledgeable and helpful so all-in-all a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TrikeRider3030
gflorence, Direttore generale at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for your review! All your suggestions are appreciated the most, and we are very pleased to read how you liked the location of the hotel, the breakfast and the staff.
We hope to see you back to Florence sometimes.
Arrivederci.
Francesco Bini.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Orto De Medici in March,. The hotel is centrally located to all the main attractions. The Duomo, Ponte Vecchio, The markets and many restaurants. We had a room for 4 with 1 quenn bed and 2 singles. I found the bed to be hard and the pillows even harder, when I asked the front desk they said all the pillows were the same.. Ughhh. Aside from this the hotel was very nice.. The complimentary breakfast was your typical European breakfast with added hard boiled eggs, cereal, yogurt and fruit. It was very good. Our room did have its own safe.. The bathroom was ok it would have been better if the shower had a shower curtain.. I dont understand why they dont.. It is very hard to take a shower and not get water all over the floor, without a curtain.. As well as the privacy factor. no one else could be in the bathroom when one was in the shower... The hotel also didnt have a bar ,in the event you wanted a drink at the end of your day...Over all I would give this hotel a 7. Like I said the location is great, but it could be even better... I think I would try another hotel the next time I visit Florence.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
gflorence, Responsabile reception at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Guest,
We appreciate any types of comments that can help better our service. It is nice to hear glad you enjoyed the breakfast and found the hotel to be in a very convenient place. I'm sorry you did not find the pillows to be very comfortable, we apologize for not substituting it right away. I'd like to apologize also for the shower inconvenience. This year our bar service will start the beginning of May on the outside terrace, however, reception is always available to serve hot drinks on request. Thank you for writing a review.
Kind Regards,
Nicki Sciortino

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel, conveniently located in a quiet yet central part of town, but I was given a room in a corner, and when the guests next door trawled their trolleys in at midnight, then started unpacking and chatting away merrily till about one, I felt I really had to let them know I found their conversation rather uninteresting...!
The room itself, however, was nice and clean. As for the bathroom, I would have preferred a proper shower, instead of a square tub with no curtain around it, but that's just a detail.
Great breakfast, with real orange squash!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Catriona07
gflorence, Responsabile reception at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for writing a review. I personally apologize for the late night inconvenience. However, I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the room and breakfast.
Kind Regards,
Nicki Sciortino

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had a wonderful stay in Florence at Hotel Orto De Medici. Our daughter was studying abroad there and it was very close to her pensioni. The staff was very helpful and and very eager to please. Thank you for an excellent stay!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
gflorence, Responsabile reception at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thanks to you for your review! We hope to see you next time when you will come to visit your daughter again. Grazie

Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel was the best we stayed at while in Italy. It is situated very close to the Duomo, the major museums, the food market and many wonderful restaurants. The room was very well maintained, spotless and quiet, and the bathroom was beautiful. Service was very good, and the hotel helped with dinner reservations. We certainly plan to return to this hotel when we travel back to Florence.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

I am so proud to read we were the best hotel you stayed in Italy! Thanks for your appreciations to the location, the room and the hotel staff. I hope you will keep nice memories of this trip to Florence.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Orto De Medici for 5 days. The room I stayed in was a very large, lovely european style room for a single traveler, reasonably priced for Florence. The rooms are very clean and the hotel is very modern, convenient and in San Marcos within walking distance to the central area. I felt very safe as a female solo traveler walking to and from my hotel at night after having dinner. The other things I enjoyed about the hotel were the free wi-fi, the Mac computers in the lobby for guest to use. There is even a nice library/lounge on the first floor with a large screen t.v. and magazines/books for guest to utilize. The breakfast lounge is good. The staff were all attentive, friendly and professional. There is even a lounge for outside but unfortunately due to the rain I was unable to sit outside. I highly recommend Hotel Orto De Medici to others and you will not be disappointed. Thanks again to the hotel employees of Orto De Medici for your excellent customer service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
gflorence, Responsabile reception at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Thanks to you for the nice review. It is so glad to read when a client is satisfied and comes back home with lovely memories of the city. We hope to seen you back sometimes to Florence.