Hotel Orto De Medici
Hotel Souvenir(Florence)
  • Room Service
Hotel Genesio(Florence)
2,407 results
All reviewsgarden roomtrain stationsan marcooverlooking the gardenclassic roombreakfast roomwithin walking distancelovely hotelfirst floorwelcome drinkminute walkpollodeluxe roomquiet streetcroissantsmajor sitescentral market
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We had a fabulous time in Florence, and the Orto De Medici was a great place to stay. We had two rooms, one for my new husband and myself, and a triple for the kids and my mom. The triple was a fabulous room, huge for the three of them, it was great!! Breakfast was great, and as I said the location to everything was a short walking distance. Would stay there again!

Thanks to the staff! 8-)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
gflorence, Responsabile reception at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

Dear Guest, thanks for the review. For families we actually have large triple and quad rooms, including a great Junior suite room, which can fit up to 4 people. We don't have connecting rooms, but the hotel is rather small, so floors have no more than eight rooms or less each. And all the rooms have telephone you can call room to room for free.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

My family enjoyed our stay at Orto De Medici, which was recommended to us by friends. The neighborhood was handy to sights, the train station, a plaza with bus stops and the market. There were several good restaurants nearby that weren't too expensive. The breakfast room gave us lots of choices for food, coffee and juice and a relaxed setting in which to start the day. One day when I was too tired to walk much further I stayed back and read on the shady upper terrace, which was a welcome and tranquil oasis. Having internet access downstairs (two computers) was very helpful and there are pleasant public spaces on the two lower levels. Our rooms were somewhat small and a bit dark but perfectly comfortable, and the bathroom facilities were spacious and clean. We were never troubled by noise from the street or other guests and really enjoyed the sense of peace the hotel offered. Staff at the front desk were helpful and courteous. Nice spot.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
gflorence, Responsabile reception at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

Dear Madame,
Thanks a lot for your review! I am pleased to read you enjoyed many features of the hotel, especially the breakfast, which was recently reprogrammed, with more variety of food, new design of the room and a new welcome staff to help you not to quickly find the nicest table for you.
I hope you will have the chance to recommend us when your friends will come to Florence. Thank you.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stayed for 5 nights on the deluxe room with garden view. The staff is very helpful and promptly. The room is quite, big and very comfortable. The breadfast is above average because it has much more choice (juice/coffee/expresso/corn flakes/fruits/prosciutto/croissant) than a continental breadfast in America. The only exception is the entrance of the door is a little narrow.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Angel W

Dear Guest, I am very pleased to read your special appreciation for the choice at the breakfast. The breakfast room and the service has been recently renovated and I am pleased to find we found a good way of improving. Thank you!!

Reviewed August 14, 2011

I stayed for 3 weeks, and would definitely recommend this hotel. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming, and always helpful. I studied across the road at the art school so location was extremely convenient. Its a short walk from the Duomo, and many other beautiful attractions Florence has to offer. I stayed in one of the deluxe rooms just off the garden, size was perfect and rooms were clean, bright and well decorated. I enjoyed the continental breakfast on the terrace, and staff were always friendly. I will definitely be coming back here, thanks so much to everyone at the Hotel Orto De Medici for a truly memorable stay!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Printmaker29

Thanks to you for your friendly feedback. I am glad to read you enjoyed the stay in deluxe room. We look forward to seeing you back to Florence, then. Thank you!

Reviewed August 9, 2011

Our extended family (grandparents, parents, and adult children) booked three rooms for a weekend in June. We were very pleasantly surprised by this little gem of a hotel! We had previously spent a week at an incredibly lovely villa in Chianti, so we were expecting a bit of a let down. Not so. After returning our rental car to the airport (forewarned to avoid driving in Florence at all costs), we hailed two taxis ~ think NASCAR drivers on steroids ~ and literally flew to the hotel. After prying my mother-in-law's finger nails out of the back of the seat, we collected our luggage and entered the lobby..... ahhh, air-conditioned serenity, subdued lighting, and a cordial reception; a good start. Even though it was before noon, we were able to check-in to our rooms. Although all were of a decent size, the garden room was by far the superior choice; with upgraded furnishings and amenities. My favorite feature of the Hotel was the interior garden courtyard (with fountain, terraces and lounge chairs with umbrellas), a fantastic respite from the bustling city, just a stones throw away. Great location, a block from San Marco Plaza, and two from Accademia; ten minute walk from the Duomo, and twenty from the Ufittzi. A plethora of restaurants are within an easy walk. As an added surprise/treat, we sat down to breakfast right next to our down-the street-neighbors (had no idea they were in Florence) who bragged that "the Orto" is the ONLY place they stay. Hmmmm, it's a small world after all...

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest, thanks for your nice review. It was funny to read it. I just don't understand why if you say had a very pleasant stay at the hotel, you liked the garden, the location, the breakfast, then you rate us 4 out of 5 points.. Just curious. Maybe it was a mistake, but the most important this is to read you nice memories of Florence, with a lot of suggestions for next guests. Thank you!