“Wonderful tour guide!”

Florence Custom Tours
Ranked #6 of 142 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Florence offers a limitless choice of historically fascinating sites. It is our aim to elicit the city's magic and to present it to you in an original, flexible and entertaining way.We take great pride in customizing our tours to suit you, focusing on whatever might interest you the most. Classic tours and less conventional ones, cooking classes, visiting markets, wine tastings...you name it! Our guides are highly qualified, versatile, friendly and fun
New York City, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wonderful tour guide!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Four of us were in Florence for a short two day visit and contacted Adrianna in advance to arrange for a private half-day tour. She was very responsive to our emails and made great suggestions based on our interests. We had a mix of art, architecture, artisans and food tastings at the market, all while hearing interesting stories about the city that only a native like her would know. She is a lovely person, raised in Florence but speaking perfect English. She really made the time in Florence special and I highly recommend her!

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Lisa H

Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Adri made our short time in Firenze memorable!”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We were returning to Firenze after many previous visits, this time with a friend who hadn't spent much time there at all and thought a tour was in order. We booked Florence Custom Tours based upon other Trip Advisor reviews, but also based upon the promptness of the replies and Adri's flexibility of itineraries - largely to make the most of our one day together - given our diverse experience with Firenze. Adri clearly knows her city and tailors the visit to the expectations and interests of her guests. We thoroughly enjoyed our day with Adri, developing a much greater appreciation for some of the iconic Florentine sights, but also were drawn in by her insider information which highlighted some lesser knows sites - or aspects of the main draws. Even for veterans of Florence a day spent with Adri is sure to enlighten your visit.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Gerry S
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
“Adri made our trip to Firenze GREAT!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Adri was simply awesome! She balanced our day with art, culture, cafés, and shopping. My wife and I like some structure on vacation, but not too much. Adri was extremely flexible and she adapted the tour to fit our interests and personalities. The highlight of our day was tasting authentic balsamic vinegar in the marketplace. It was completely spontaneous and the most memorable event of the day. At the end of the tour, we felt like locals. We highly recommend spending the day with Adri, you won't be disappointed.

Visited March 2013
Chicago, Illinois
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

There's not much new I can add to the other already glowing reviews, except to confirm them. My partner and I had the pleasure of spending the day with Adri this past Saturday and truly enjoyed every minute. This experience is worth every bit of the cost and allowed us to get a great sense of Florence and some of its artistic highlights in six short hours (excluding lunch). At the end, we felt like Adri was a friend rather than a guide. Booking, confirmation and payment all a breeze as well. If you're hesitating, don't.

San Jose, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Exceptional tours…perfectly tailored to our needs”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

As the instructor for a summer seminar in Italy, I travelled to Italy with a group of 9 teenaged students. While the focus of our seminar was Ancient Rome, we spent a wonderful couple of days in Florence. I got in touch with Florence Custom Tours months before our departure to ask whether they would be able to customize a couple of tours to suit the purposes of my group. Chiara contacted me within the day. It was an absolute pleasure to work with Chiara throughout the planning process. She was very professional, responsive, and friendly. She listened to the needs of the group and designed 2 excellent tours for us. We had very specific needs and she accommodated them perfectly. I have no doubt that she can exceed the expectations of anyone looking for a tour of Florence.

We met her the afternoon of our first day in Florence and I was very pleased with the way that she interacted with my students. She immediately began drawing them in by asking about where they had been and what they had learned in their first week in Italy. The students really responded well and that interaction continued through both of our tours. It’s certainly not easy to maintain the attention span of 9 teenagers; Chiara did! She made connections between what the students had previously seen and what they were seeing in Florence. Her enthusiasm for her town was infectious. I was really grateful too, for the lunch recommendation she provided. It was perfect!

Visited June 2013