“A terrific tour” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Florence Custom Tours

Florence Custom Tours
Ranked #6 of 136 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Florence offers a limitless choice of historically fascinating sites. It is our aim to elicit the city's magic and to present it to you in an original, flexible and entertaining way.We take great pride in customizing our tours to suit you, focusing on whatever might interest you the most. Classic tours and less conventional ones, cooking classes, visiting markets, wine tastings...you name it! Our guides are highly qualified, versatile, friendly and fun
Ashburn, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A terrific tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

My wife and I took our three daughters and our son-in-law to Italy last summer, and when we were in Florence we took a tour with Chiara. She was an excellent guide - very friendly and knowledgeable. We gained a much better appreciation of Florence's art, architecture, and history by taking her tour. Chiara's fascinating insights about the amazing works of art on the tour was especially appreciated. To top it off, she recommended some great places to eat and to shop while we were in town. You will get much more than your money's worth by booking a tour of Florence with Chiara. Very highly recommended!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Robert K

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A day in Firenze”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

We met Chiara in Main train station whre she patiently waited for us since we were late some 30 minutes. First we went to the food market where we so wery nice Italian market with impressive number of available goods. we got a private tasting of acceto balsamico and olive oils which was great. After that we continued along the Florence attractions including the famous David by Michelangelo for which we already had reserved tickets thanks to Chiara. Our guide was very patient and helpfull in everything we asked and showed us and explained all the main points in Florence.
At the end she left us in a really excellent restaurant but about that in another review...
Although the tour included everything you would expect from such a tour there was somethin missing. That special something. I could say the tour felt a bit generic.
But despite that we can recommend this tour.
Especially if you are traveling to Florence for the first time and have no knowledge about Italian culture and history.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour of Florence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

My wife and I had a 6-hour tour with Chiara in late September. Chiara is extremely knowledgeable about the city, its art, its architecture, and its history. She met us in the lobby of our hotel precisely on time and showed us the major sights of the city. She was friendly and energetic. She concentrated on the major artworks of the Uffizi, explaining the development of Renaissance art. That was very useful and informative (there is no way one can see all the art on display--selectivity is required). If I were to do the tour again, I would do it on separate days in 3-hour segments. Even though my wife and I are in perfectly good health, as persons in our early 60's, we were tired in the afternoon. Probably best to leave the 6-hour tour to those under 50, especially if you are touring in warmer weather. This is no criticism of Chiara--she delivered exactly what we signed up for--but rather a suggestion to other "mature" travelers.

Visited September 2012
Fort Wayne
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“This is THE way to tour Florence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and i just returned from our 25th anniversary vacation, where we first took a 5 day Silver Seas cruise in the Riviera and ended up in Florence for 5 days where our daughter was spending the semester in school. Mark, my husband, found Chiara Migliorini, owner of Florence Custom Tours on the internet when planning our trip and what a find she was! After 5 days of group bus tours during our cruise, it was so fabulous to arrive in Florence, spend our first night, then wake up and meet Chiara right at our apartment doorstep at 9:30am for our own, personal tour of Florence, on our first visit ever to Italy. Chiara is not only a Florence native but if you can believe this, she is a PhD in art history! What could possibly top that!? In addition to her vast knowledge of Florence and all it's amazing art and architecture, Chirara has the sweetest disposition and easy-going personality. She will go at your pace, but I do need to warn you, this is a walking tour. You can see as much as your feet and stamina will take you! She knows all the ins and outs about crowds, etc., when the best time is to see certain attractions or in some cases, the only times you can get into certain places like the first church she took us to which was right behind our apt.( to see Michelangelo's wood carving of the crucifix done when he was 17, which was amazing). I don't think Mark and I ever would have found or seen this, had we not been with Chiara. It is such a bonus when touring a new city to have a competent and informed tour guide from the area that you can get to know a bit in a few hours. It's one thing to see the sites and great, but for me anyway, I love to meet the people most of all. We just loved our time with Chiara, one of the highlights of our 12 day trip to the Mediterranean and Italy. If you are going to Florence, hurry and book her right away to get the most out of your trip. Ciao! Lynn

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Lynn R
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Excellent morning tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We had a very good morning tour with Chiara. She is very friendly and took us to places that we wanted to see. Had we been on our own we would have spent ages walking around in circles and been exhausted. She also recommended a very nice restaurant for our lunch.
Well worth the money. Thanks Chiara