“A Fantastic Place to Stay in Florence”

1865 Residenza d'epoca
Ranked #1 of 658 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 1, 2012

If possible try and stay here. They only have a few rooms but they are all beautiful. My wife and I celebrated our 30th anniversary at 1865 and it was a high point in lodging on our trip to Italy. Our room was charming with a painted ceiling that was stunning. It was very romantic both in the room and also in the common areas. However, mixed with the charm were modern touch that gave it a perfectly sophisticated feel to the B&B.

I pulled my back and had to lay in bed more than planned. It was the perfect place to lay in bed because I could stare up at the beautiful ceiling. We could also see the top of the Duomo from the room.

The walk into the historical center was up a commerical street that went from a residential feel and landed in the heart of the tourist part of Florence. They also had an easy way to get a taxi which came in handy after pulling my back.

I can't recommend 1865 enough. Whenever we go back to Florence our first choice will be this B&B.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 27, 2012

You just come in and you feel at home.
Our room, named Carl Hillebrand, was provided with bed linen of high quality, a very comfortable bed, huge bathroom with a fantastic sized walk-in shower.
Very nice view on a private garden: slept wonderfully!
Free buffet with tea, coffee, biscuits and fruits all day long.
Michel, the owner, prepares every morning an excellent breakfast with lots of options.
A jewel of a place in Florence; we could not recommend this b&b enough.

Room Tip: Carl Hillebrand room with a wonderful view over a private garden
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Simply the perfect base to explore Florence if you look for an authentic and luxurious hotel (we stayed four nights on our honeymoon trip). This hotel is beautifully designed in typical Florentine style, yet with a modern touch, in order to offer its guests all comfort. Due to the hotel’s small size and the owners’ genuine – yet discrete – hospitality, we really felt “at home” quickly. Everything – from the smallest detail – is made to offer their guests an unforgettable stay: spacious hotel room with domotics, fine art work and high ceilings, delicious breakfast with fresh ingredients, 24h “open bar” (fresh fruit, croissants, etc.), personalized do’s and don’ts in Florence, small honeymoon gift… In summary, this hotel breathes hospitality and luxury.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This was our favorite B&B out of the three different places we stayed during our vacation in Italy this May. Michel was a wonderful host and made us feel very welcomed. He even woke up early to prepare us breakfast since our train left so early on our last day of our stay. He made the best scrambled eggs (with truffle oil) I have ever eaten in my life. Our room had a beautiful fresco on the ceiling and a beautiful view from our window of a garden below. It was so quiet at night, you would never know you were staying in a city yet it was so close to all of the tourist sites that we never used public transportation the whole time we stayed there. Top notch! Definitely don't miss this B & B.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amy L
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had an amazing experience at 1865. The hotel is incredible with attention paid to every detail from the decor, bathrooms, breakfast. The owners go above and beyond to make your stay comfortable. They offer great restaurant recs, directions, and anything else you need.
I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is the Best B&B we have ever stayed. Every detatl of the space is beautiful, extremely well designed and breath taking. Michel and Cinzia are passionate about all the details and love doing what they do. I will recommend this to all my friends and only hope I will be able to get a room the next time in Firenze

Room Tip: They are all beautiful
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank scrapman22
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband said it best in his review - Michel and Cinzia are the heart of 1865.

Our stay here was more than I ever expected it to be. We arrived and they warmly invited us in as if we were part of their family ready to stay with them for the week. Cinzia sat down with us and helped us figure out restaurants that worked with our itinerary. Her suggestions were excellent. They were always ready to help and answer any of our questions. Even prior to our arrival, Michel was quick to respond to my inquiries.

Breakfast every morning was wonderful with fresh breads, cheeses, hams, fruits and other special treats. If Michel offers you eggs, do not hesitate, say YES. I must admit I miss his special scrambled eggs with white truffle. There is a 24 hour espresso bar in the breakfast room available all the time and during the day you can find treats like fruit and/or fresh pastries.

The room was as spacious, beautiful and flawless as in the photographs. I felt at home during my entire stay. I did not want to leave and when the time came I was actually sad to say goodbye to Cinzia and Michel. There is no doubt that when we return to Florence, we will be staying here again. We told them, we hope they always have a room for us.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple