“Very nice hotel”
Review of Hotel Londra

Hotel Londra
Ranked #177 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Our room was of good size, the service was good, the tourist information from the front desk was very inaccurate preventing us from entering the cathedral. Except for the front desk no one knew much if any English and I found it hard to explain to the bar/restaurant that my wife was not feeling well and that I wanted some coffee and some sort of pastry to take to our room. The problem was my lack of Italian.

The hotel itself is less than a quarter mile from the train station and I would recommend using the side exit instead of the front as it cuts the walking distance considerably. This does require a large number of stair steps. The front entrance of the terminal has few stairs.

As were most hotels in our trip the exterior of the hotel was surrounded by old buildings. Italy is an old country. As to comfort the room was laid out well(we had a triple), had the usual amenities including a coffee pot, and the only downer was that we could feel the springs in the mattress in all three beds.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank rsvat
Write a ReviewReviews (1,315)

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We spent several days kin the Hotel Londra while our tour was visiting Florence: my teenage granddaughter was traveling with me. We checked into the hotel at the exact time when we needed a relaxing break in our touring and the Londra was perfect. The staff was helpful and welcoming: the room was comfortable and very clean: the bar/garden was a cool, lovely oasis and great place for a drink. I would even recommend the hotel restaurant if you don't want to go out for dinner. As everyone has noted, the location is perfect for getting the train or walking to the city center.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Florence was the third city we visited in Italy during our Easter Holidays. Although our Florence visit was a short one, we thoroughly enjoyed our two-day stay at Hotel Londra with its central location - near the Santa Maria Terminal. We found it especially convenient as we travelled by Trenitalia Train from Milan to Florence. The hotel was less than 10 minutes' walk from the Terminal. Our triple room in the hotel was spacious and comfortable, complete with almost everything, except a coffee maker (typical of most Italian hotels). The only thing my wife complained about was the absence of a shower cap in the bath room. The buffet breakfast was good with a great variety to choose from.

The hotel staff were very helpful and accommodating. They even helped us to get a taxi to go to the airport when we checked out.

Room Tip: Rooms in the second floor (where we stayed) have balconies.
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stay in Londra hotel in April for 1 nights ! The location is very good , close to everything what you want to visit in Florence. You could easily walk to all the sights. The room and bathroom was larger than most I have experienced in Italy, there's good free WiFi, and an excellent breakfast buffet. Building is old but does not interfere with the comforts. We read some complaints about the hotel staff and I must admit they were not the most smily Italians I have seen in my life but they were okay. The hotel's car parking area is quite small and it costs 15 euro/day. Recommended for a short stay to enjoy the city.

Room Tip: ask for the renovated room
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The only thing I remember about this hotel is its great location. It is walking distance to the shops and the tourist sights. Florence is one of my favorite place and would definitely come back to this hotel.

2  Thank lvndrgrl
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My stay at the Hotel Londra Florence, was excellent. The staff were exceptional, they were friendly, welcoming and very helpful! The location of the Hotel is great, very close to everything. I would like to mention Francesso Tadei, he made our stay perfect! I would highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lauren W
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Because of its convenient location within walking distance to the RR station and the sights, I have stayed at the Londra twice now and would have given top review for the first time. Our room was in the back with a lovely view of the hills from our terrace. Upon entering this ultra modern room, you are surprised by the cobalt blue lights that backlight the mirrors which also contain the flat screen tvs in the bedroom and bathroom. The room was all clean lines and a pristine white. The bathroom had a square toilet and bidet but the clear shower door did not protect the floor so we had to put down towels. The next visit, we were on the side of the road. It was noisy from the electric tram that ran all night so if you book, get a room in the rear. The breakfast was excellent with a wide variety from which to choose.

Room Tip: My review would have been 5 circles for everything for my first visit but the room along the street...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends