Arrived at Il Guelfo Bianco in late September by train from Venice. The hotel is located a short walk from the train station (10-12 walk with luggage) and is easy to find. We requested a "quiet room" prior to our arrival, which is exactly what we received - our room overlooked a central courtyard and with the windows and shutters closed we never heard a thing. My guess is that the rooms facing the street would be quiet as well as the street is not that busy. Our room was very clean and included free wireless access to the Internet. There is also a common computer on the main floor if you require. The morning breakfasts were very good and the food was plentiful. We found the front desk staff very helpful prior to our arrival reserving tickets for Academia (Statue of David) and helping us with directions and restaurant recommendations once we arrived. The location of the hotel is fantastic. All of the major sites are very short walks and we never felt unsafe. I cannot recall ever walking the halls of any other hotel I have been in, but that's exactly what we did at Il Guelfo Bianco. The hotel has very interesting art and period furniture throughout. I highly recommend this hotel for your next visit to Florence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is right in the city center, between Piazza Duomo and Piazza San Marco , few steps away from Accademia (the museum where you can see the famous DAVID by Michelangelo). It's housed in two late 15th century building next each other. All rooms are different in size and position - executive rooms have a standard size - superior rooms are larger - de luxe and junior suite are very large with a sitting area. We have rooms overlooking the courtyard, gardens and several rooms overlooking Via Cavour which is the main street but 70% pedestrian and so it's not too noisy. All rooms have triple glasses and double windows. WI/FI available in all the rooms and the drawing rooms and it's free of charge if you have your own laptop or i-phone or i-pad. Bistrot restaurant next door "IL DESCO" open every day (12 till 10,30 pm but on Sunday it closes at 3,00 pm) with good menu' all day long (many organic products directly by the owner's farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Il Guelfo Bianco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Guelfo Bianco Florence
- Il Guelfo Bianco Hotel Florence