Myself and two friends stayed in this hotel for 2 nights last weekend. I think I must have built up my expectations too high when reading the reviews on this site.
ROOM - I had asked for a non-smoking room, but the one we received stank of cigar smoke. The room was large and to the back of the hotel as requested, therefore very quiet. However, the room had no natural light coming in and was very dark and the carpet was quite stained. On a plus side, the bathroom was lovely and had a great shower.
BREAKFAST - probably the worst breakfast we have had in a hotel. Very poor choice, and extra charge for fresh fruit salad (although it did have a notice up telling you this). I have been to Pisa, Rome and Milan - all much better breakfasts.
STAFF - The staff were mostly helpful and recommend a great restaurant for the Saturday night. But on check-out, we were charged 290 euros per night and not 260 euros as booked through hotels.com. The woman said, very aggressively, that we would have to take it up with them. I felt quite intimidated by her reaction.
LOCATION - the location was ideal, not too far from anywhere.
FLORENCE - WONDERFUL !
I wouldn't go back to this hotel - we paid more than our original budget, because we thought we were getting something special - but we didn't!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is right in the city center, between Piazza Duomo and Piazza San Marco , few steps away from Accademia (the museum where you can see the famous DAVID by Michelangelo). It's housed in two late 15th century building next each other. All rooms are different in size and position - executive rooms have a standard size - superior rooms are larger - de luxe and junior suite are very large with a sitting area. We have rooms overlooking the courtyard, gardens and several rooms overlooking Via Cavour which is the main street but 70% pedestrian and so it's not too noisy. All rooms have triple glasses and double windows. WI/FI available in all the rooms and the drawing rooms and it's free of charge if you have your own laptop or i-phone or i-pad. Bistrot restaurant next door "IL DESCO" open every day (12 till 10,30 pm but on Sunday it closes at 3,00 pm) with good menu' all day long (many organic products directly by the owner's farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Il Guelfo Bianco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Guelfo Bianco Florence
- Il Guelfo Bianco Hotel Florence