2,521 results
All reviews bruschetta modern art via cavour olive oil junior suite train station perfect location pastries charming hotel old world charm room was large would definitely stay here again few minutes walk breakfast was delicious central market cold cuts three nights
Reviewed September 21, 2014

We stayed for 6 nights in early September. The breakfast is great, service was very good, the front desk staff was very helpful before we arrived they arranged museum confirmations for us at no cost and also answered many questions via email in a timely manner. The small restaurant next door offered us a welcome drink and snack. The food was delicious too.
The rooms were nice and the location was ideal. We were close to all the attractions we wanted to see and there were many great restaurants close by!
It was a lovely stay and we will be back.

Room Tip: We were on a lower floor with a junior suite for a little additional space
  • Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mtbflorida
Reviewed September 20, 2014

We stayed here on our honeymoon and were thrilled with this hotel. The hotel is closest to the Duomo but is walking distance to everything.
The room was quite large as was the bathroom (and it had a Jacuzzi tub!) The hotel has a lot of character and feels much younger then it appeared to me in the photos before going there. There's lots of cute costumes and old sewing machines lining the walls.

Breakfast in the morning was pretty comprehensive for sweets to cereal, to meats and cheese and fresh fruit. The waiter is always great about making sure anyone has any specialty drinks. Front desk was nice and very helpful. We had a couple of things that we needed to print and they made sure we had everything that we needed.

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed September 19, 2014

This hotel is in a good location near many sites. However, they did not warn us of the existence of stairs that made our room inaccessible by elevator. Though there is an elevator, it does not reach all floors. They did not offer us any help with our luggage to get us up to our room, so we ended up carrying the items up ourselves. I think this hotel should 1) warn guests of the existence of these extra stairs BEFORE they arrive so they can cancel if necessary, and 2) offer a bellhop service to carry luggage up. It's not a cheap hotel so offering that service seems reasonable (and we'd be glad to pay a tip).

The front desk worker told us to go ahead and take our stuff up, even though "there might be someone cleaning." We did so, and a very surly woman cleaning our room gave us a dirty look when I had to use the bathroom. We'd been allowed to check in so I didn't quite understand the nasty attitude, despite my apologies to the cleaner. The room was decorated in a very old-fashioned style, not very up-to-date and not as charming as the photos depict - more just old.

One other note: the man working at the front desk also appeared very sick with a cold, coughing and sneezing onto our keys. (They keep keys behind the desk.) My husband later got sick with a cold, possibly from handling dirty keys despite hand-washing! We felt this employee should be at home rather than on the job - he was visibly ill.

On the plus side, they did serve breakfast in a lovely courtyard. I liked the atmosphere, though the coffee was undrinkably strong (and I typically do like Italian coffee).

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Vale1223
GUELFOMANAGER, Manager at Il Guelfo Bianco, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2014

Dear Vale123,

as I already wrote answering to some reviews we do have one elevator to get til 4 floor. Than as the hotel is housed in two late 15th century building we do have a mezzanine between 1st and 2nd floor and to reach the mezzanine there are some steps. Than there are 5 steps to join first and second palace (540 rooms are between the two palaces). I amn sorry if they didn’t offer help for the luggages and I will talk again with all of my staff as THEY KNOW they have to help with luggages . If they didn’t I can just say sorry but I promise you I will talk AGAIN with all of them about this matter. Than they cannot check in customers into the rooms if the rooms are not ready . Customers can arrive earlier (check in time is from 2,00 pm ) but they can just leave the luggages here not go into the rooms. I will found out what’ s happened with you why they let you get in if the chambermaid was still cleaning. Of course if the room was not ready yet the chambermaid was not happy to let you know into the bathroom and it’s not her fault. The mistake has been made by the person who was at the front desk. WI please the customers who make a customers here to inform us if they have problems to climb some steps so in this case we will know in time and we will assign a room with no steps. Sometimes it’s not easy to do change last minutes I mean when people arrive so please advice us in time. . The old fashioned style is a plus of our hotel. All the rooms are decoreted with original antique fornitures as I already wrote several times our hotel is not a modern hotel so if people is looking for an hotel with modern design. You wrote than that the man at the front desk you meet when you checked in was ill….well I really have not an answer about it. If our guy has a cold that day he wasn’t feeling too good but he was good enough to work it could maybe he decide he could work . I never forced anyone to work in bad condition. At last the real Italian coffee it’s strong if it’s not strong it’s not real italain coffee. We do serve also american coffee so in case it was too strong for you can ask to have an American coffee. It’ s very nice to answer to the review because we can deal with different opinion and accept suggestions to improve our service and our hotel but rarely (luckily rarely) there are some things we really leave us speechless like some things you wrote in this review. I do not want to be offensive I am usually very direct and honest and I do apologize once again for the lack of help for suitcases but I was really puzzled about some things you wrote.
If you wish to come back to visit us you will be always the welcome and in case we could talk together andtry to echange our different point of view.

Best regards.
Antonella Rocchini

Reviewed September 18, 2014

I arrived in Firenze/Florence, Italia from Rome on a Saturday afternoon, by train, thinking I'd get a bed and breakfast. I settled for a hotel and my only requirement for my short stay was that it be clean. The agency at the info centre in the church across the street from the Station hooked me up with Il Guelfo Bianco.
The greeting was wonderful. My room was small, as I was alone, but the wood and the tiles and the entire bathroom was all new, new, new ... and everything was SPOTLESS!
The view from my double-shuttered window was ... well ... Italia!!! I was blown away.
Every floor was so well decorated and it felt like a home (which it originally was, until just some 25 years ago). It did not have a hotel feel in any way.
And at a very reasonable rate.
The breakfast the following day was much, much more than I was expecting.
The help from the staff was beyond anything I would have expected.
And their recommendation for the tour I took couldn't have been better.
The location of the hotel is awesome!! I toured the entire city on foot, and to go out for dinner at night everything is so close.
If I'm ever back in Firenze I'll definitely stay there again. Thank you, Daniel.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor with a window overlooking the rooftops and balconies of other buildings and homes. That was my favourite! I stayed on a day, again at the last minute, so my room was changed with no hassle for me. I found both rooms to be equally quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank MLJCoachingIntrntnl
Reviewed September 18, 2014

My husband, daughter and I chose this hotel because of it's good location, very close to IL Duomo.
On arrival, we were warmly welcomed and impressed with the complimentary drinks in the adjacent eatery. We even received complimentary appetizers and the service was lovely.

The antique facade of the hotel and rooms were impressive and what really impressed me was the telephone charger in the room and free Wifi. It made us want to come back to the hotel regularly. I would heartily recommend it to anyone going to Florence as it has a great location, friendly staff and is well appointed. It is good value for the money and very welcoming.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family