This hotel provided the perfect balance of old world charm and new world comfort. Hallways and common areas are nicely decorated with antiques, and our room was very comfortable. Hotel staff was very friendly. Location was convenient to all the sites and restaurants. I recommend taking a taxi from the train station to the hotel. It is not too far to walk, but it is easy to get confused in the narrow, twisting streets. It is fun to get "lost" - but not when dragging a suitcase on a hot afternoon! The breakfast buffet was fine, and again the staff was very friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is right in the city center, between Piazza Duomo and Piazza San Marco , few steps away from Accademia (the museum where you can see the famous DAVID by Michelangelo). It's housed in two late 15th century building next each other. All rooms are different in size and position - executive rooms have a standard size - superior rooms are larger - de luxe and junior suite are very large with a sitting area. We have rooms overlooking the courtyard, gardens and several rooms overlooking Via Cavour which is the main street but 70% pedestrian and so it's not too noisy. All rooms have triple glasses and double windows. WI/FI available in all the rooms and the drawing rooms and it's free of charge if you have your own laptop or i-phone or i-pad. Bistrot restaurant next door "IL DESCO" open every day (12 till 10,30 pm but on Sunday it closes at 3,00 pm) with good menu' all day long (many organic products directly by the owner's farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Il Guelfo Bianco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Guelfo Bianco Florence
- Il Guelfo Bianco Hotel Florence