We stayed here from 20-25 March 2013 as part of our honeymoon. We booked a superior room and got a room on the 4th floor (we requested a high floor). It was a road facing room and had all the space we needed. We could walk comfortably around the room and there was sufficient space to place both our large bags on the low cupboard. The windows had 2 layers of double glazing so noise at night was not a problem.Bed was comfortable and didn't give us any problems. There was a flat screen with satellite tv though we hardly used it. We were too busy enjoying everything that Florence had to offer. The bathroom was sufficiently big and the shower pressure was great. Would have preferred a shower stall but I guess the bathtub comes in handy in summer. It was freezing when we were there so the ready hot water was very much appreciated.
Breakfast was served in the adjoining restaurant owned by the hotel. Food selection was great with a range of bread and pastries, fruits, cured meats, cheese, cereal, salads and juices for breakfast. The jams are excellent as well. Service was excellent and hot drinks come in the form of coffe (cappuccino, espresso, caffe latte etc.), hot chocolate and tea (you select your own tea bags from the container at the buffet). The food was marvelous and much better than the other hotels I stayed in during my Italy trip. All the food and milk is freshly and locally sourced and you can tell the difference. Gave a great start to the day every single day!
Overall, the service was impeccable throughout our stay, from the front desk who was helpful with directions and suggestions, to the room cleaning, to the great breakfast staff who were always looking to get you another hot drink to just about every staff in the hotel. The location leaves nothing to be desired, a short walk to the Duomo, Accademia, just about anywhere in Florence. Took a taxi from S.M.N. Train Station and it cost us less than 10 Euro with 2 bags.
Would definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Florence and I would like to thank all the staff for giving us such a wonderful stay in Florence!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is right in the city center, between Piazza Duomo and Piazza San Marco , few steps away from Accademia (the museum where you can see the famous DAVID by Michelangelo). It's housed in two late 15th century building next each other. All rooms are different in size and position - executive rooms have a standard size - superior rooms are larger - de luxe and junior suite are very large with a sitting area. We have rooms overlooking the courtyard, gardens and several rooms overlooking Via Cavour which is the main street but 70% pedestrian and so it's not too noisy. All rooms have triple glasses and double windows. WI/FI available in all the rooms and the drawing rooms and it's free of charge if you have your own laptop or i-phone or i-pad. Bistrot restaurant next door "IL DESCO" open every day (12 till 10,30 pm but on Sunday it closes at 3,00 pm) with good menu' all day long (many organic products directly by the owner's farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Il Guelfo Bianco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Guelfo Bianco Florence
- Il Guelfo Bianco Hotel Florence