I selected this hotel based on positive Tripadvisor reviews and it exceeded expectations. The room may not have been ideal for travellers with limited mobility, as it was necessary to go up and down some stone stairs to reach it, but this did not present any problems for those with reasonable mobility. The room I got overlooked a small internal courtyard and had a large balcony. As it wasn't on the main road at the front of the hotel, it was very quiet. There was free wifi, good sized bathroom and a comfortable firm bed.
The staff was extremely friendly, welcoming and efficient. Particularly Julia (I think) for whom nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was pretty good.
The hotel was quirkily decorated with quite a lot of modern art.
The location was excellent. About 10-15 minutes walk from the central station and only about 5 minutes walk to the Duomo and Accademia and just a few minutes more to the Uffizi and Ponte Vecchio and the other sights of the beautiful city of Florence. It has a bistro/restaurant too, bit I didn't try it as there were so many great restaurants in the city to try out.
I would definitely stay in this hotel again if I return to Florence (which I probably will.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is right in the city center, between Piazza Duomo and Piazza San Marco , few steps away from Accademia (the museum where you can see the famous DAVID by Michelangelo). It's housed in two late 15th century building next each other. All rooms are different in size and position - executive rooms have a standard size - superior rooms are larger - de luxe and junior suite are very large with a sitting area. We have rooms overlooking the courtyard, gardens and several rooms overlooking Via Cavour which is the main street but 70% pedestrian and so it's not too noisy. All rooms have triple glasses and double windows. WI/FI available in all the rooms and the drawing rooms and it's free of charge if you have your own laptop or i-phone or i-pad. Bistrot restaurant next door "IL DESCO" open every day (12 till 10,30 pm but on Sunday it closes at 3,00 pm) with good menu' all day long (many organic products directly by the owner's farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Il Guelfo Bianco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Guelfo Bianco Florence
- Il Guelfo Bianco Hotel Florence