This was a nice little place to stay in Florence. The prices weren't too bad and the rooms were a decent size. It was pretty clean and the location is really quite good.
I can't say it'll blow you away, but it's certainly a solid place. The breakfast bar was really good. Pastries, fruit, juice, cheeses, eggs...can't complain a bit. In fact, they had this jelly for the croissants that I couldn't get enough of. The woman and guy who served the tables were very sweet people and took great care of the guests.
My main complaint is safety. Personally, I can take pretty good care of myself. As long as my wife's with me, she had good protection. However, if my wife were traveling alone or with other women, I would not recommend staying here.
When you leave this hotel to go exploring, you typically leave your key. It hangs behind the front desk and when you come back, they hand it to you. This sounds great, but there are issues that should be addressed. At night, when we'd come back, more often than not, the person at the front desk would be gone and I'd have to go looking for them to get my key. At times, they're sitting in the cafe, on a computer or smoking somewhere. The reason this is such a huge issue is because I could have easily grabbed a few keys myself, ransacked some rooms and been gone before anyone had known. This is unsafe. If you're traveling alone, consider this and make liberal use of the safes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is right in the city center, between Piazza Duomo and Piazza San Marco , few steps away from Accademia (the museum where you can see the famous DAVID by Michelangelo). It's housed in two late 15th century building next each other. All rooms are different in size and position - executive rooms have a standard size - superior rooms are larger - de luxe and junior suite are very large with a sitting area. We have rooms overlooking the courtyard, gardens and several rooms overlooking Via Cavour which is the main street but 70% pedestrian and so it's not too noisy. All rooms have triple glasses and double windows. WI/FI available in all the rooms and the drawing rooms and it's free of charge if you have your own laptop or i-phone or i-pad. Bistrot restaurant next door "IL DESCO" open every day (12 till 10,30 pm but on Sunday it closes at 3,00 pm) with good menu' all day long (many organic products directly by the owner's farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Il Guelfo Bianco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Guelfo Bianco Florence
- Il Guelfo Bianco Hotel Florence