We were delighted to find availability here when booking late for a quick 4 -day trip to look over some art schools in Florence. Guilia and Federico could not have been more helpful handling our booking (by email - in English - and with a couple of telephone calls, for the reason described below). We were offered for no extra cost the epicure + glamour package that consisted of some lovely goodies (organic olive oil, balsamic vinegar, preserves) and tickets to a fabulous exhibition on the history of contemporary haute couture in the Palazzo Strozzo. Which was a wonderful way to spend Sunday afternoon. But back to the hotel. We also accepted, 2 days before arriving, an 'upgrade' at no extra charge to the 2 bedroom suite on the 3rd Floor. This suited us, as a couple + single, gave us loads of space, with sitting room, kitchen, 2 bathrooms, etc. It was peaceful: v. little street noise. (Windows are double -or triple glazed, in any case). I guess it helped the hotel's occupancy rate too by freeing up the two rooms we had booked.
The gastronomic tasting on Friday evening was a treat at €7 each including a couple of glasses of wine and some terrific local delicacies. We didn't need a restaurant after that, so we went to a fine little wine bar called Coquinarius in the Via delle Oche. However we succumbed to the temptation of a few crostini and some salad after the first bottle of a delicious red Bolgheri. (No, I hadn't heard of it either). But back to the hotel:
The location is wonderful, very convenient for Duomo and Academia - only 5 minutes walk from the very heart of the city.
Staff were unfailingly helpful, booking taxi's & making reservations for museums, galleries and restaurants cheerfully and efficiently.
We'll definitely come back - If it's just the 2 of us, then we'll ask for a room on the 1st floor, as these are more impressive and seem more luxurious than those on the 2nd and the Suite on the 3rd.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is right in the city center, between Piazza Duomo and Piazza San Marco , few steps away from Accademia (the museum where you can see the famous DAVID by Michelangelo). It's housed in two late 15th century building next each other. All rooms are different in size and position - executive rooms have a standard size - superior rooms are larger - de luxe and junior suite are very large with a sitting area. We have rooms overlooking the courtyard, gardens and several rooms overlooking Via Cavour which is the main street but 70% pedestrian and so it's not too noisy. All rooms have triple glasses and double windows. WI/FI available in all the rooms and the drawing rooms and it's free of charge if you have your own laptop or i-phone or i-pad. Bistrot restaurant next door "IL DESCO" open every day (12 till 10,30 pm but on Sunday it closes at 3,00 pm) with good menu' all day long (many organic products directly by the owner's farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Il Guelfo Bianco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Guelfo Bianco Florence
- Il Guelfo Bianco Hotel Florence