Lowest prices for your stay
$70
Free cancellation until 12/08/22
Hotels.com$84
Travelocity$84
travelup.com$89
All reviews great location old building duomo europe heart storage
Selected filters
Reviewed June 23, 2019 via mobile

We stayed for 2 days at this hotel with a family of 5. They placed us in 2 adjacent rooms, one of which had a grand view of the Brunelleschi’s dome. The rooms were quite spacious for what we are used to in centrally located 3-4 star European hotels. The Accademia is just north of our hotel. The Duomo was less than 5 min walking distance. The AC was adequate for the warm days. Breakfast was good. Due to its close location to the important sites of Florence, I would stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank cafamdoc
Reviewed June 6, 2019

We stayed two nights and it was in the perfect part of Florence rt between Accademia and the Doumo. Staff were very friendly- it would help if they could give restaurant recommendations. The room was clean and we had a balcony (unfortunately it was raining). I would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: Stay on same floor as the reception area
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank DPBSeattle
Reviewed May 22, 2019 via mobile

Extremely rude staff, food quality is bad. The entire place smells pathetic. It seems like a budgeted hotel but it’s bad. It’s no where even close to 1 star hotel. It’s old and filthy. There is barely any staff and totally unsafe. I would suggest you to shell out a bit more money rather than staying in filth. Thank you.
Rooms are way too small and the breakfast is bad.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2019

Extremely rude staff, they tried to extort more money from us late night or threaten to ask us to leave with kids. Room quality was very poor, very small rooms and there were bugs in the room, felt unsafe. I suggest don't stay here. It is more like a two start property falsely advertised as 4 star.

Room tip: All rooms are bad
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2019

My husband and I spent a week here and were very comfortable. Our room had a small balcony with table and two chairs with a view of the Duomo. The hotel also has other patio/outdoor areas to sit if the weather is nice. The room has gorgeous walls and ceilings with plaster decorations.The floors are ceramic tile, but they provide two pairs of slippers. There is a wardrobe to hang clothes and a suitcase stand...I would have liked another, as I had to put my suitcase on the floor. The mattress is very firm (as well as the pillows) and the bedding is a little dated, but I slept fine. The bathroom shower is on the small side and it was hard to position the shower handle so that it didn't fall off the bar, but water pressure was good and hot water abundant. There is adequate sink space and there is a basic bidet. The hand towels are a flat weave cotton and the bath towels were a waffled cotton...a little weird at first since I'm used to terrycloth. Also, no washcloths...so bring your own if you use them. I didn't bring my hairdryer since the hotel has one, but it is like a vacuum hose with a nozzle stuck to the wall and I had a hard time drying the left side of my head since the dryer was mounted to the right side. I don't know if a US dryer would work here though, something about the current? I tried using my small clothes steamer and it basically erupted boiling water...good thing it was pointed at the wall! The breakfast buffet was very nice, with scrambled eggs, a variety of pastries and breads, meat, cheeses, yogurt, cereal and fruit. The breakfast room was pleasant with cloth tablecloths. The staff were very friendly and helpful. There is a restaurant/bar upstairs but we didn't try it. The hotel is located two blocks from the duomo and there are plenty of stores and restaurants in the area.

Room tip: Room 235B has small balcony with view of Duomo
Date of stay: March 2019