2,458 results
All reviews great location junior suite ponte vecchio beautiful hotel front desk staff walking distance high ceilings old building modern amenities beautiful room central location our honeymoon old world charm pastries the heart of the city train station perfect stay
Selected filters
Reviewed May 14, 2018

This hotel is a gem. Once a grand old hotel that had fallen on hard times, it has been restored to its former glory. The staff and service were excellent: they arranged museum tickets for me, helped set Ute train reservations, and were extremely knowledgeable about churches, museums, tours, and restaurants speaking excellent English, French, Spanish, and German. The hotel has preserved its original charm with stained glass doors and windows from the late 19th century and high ceilings and salons. The breakfast was one of best the best that I’ve had in Europe with a huge range of local and continental fare. The location is excellent as well: 10 minutes to the Uffizi, the Piazza Signoria, 7 minutes to the Ponte Vecchio, 12 to the Bargello. They have also recently opened a restaurant in the hotel that features local truffle specialities. The only improvements I might ask for are better fare in the mini- bar and a slightly bigger shower which was a bit cramped. I’d return is a heartbeat!

Room tip: Rooms are back are quieter
Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Noemi P, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at NH Collection Firenze Porta Rossa, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2018

Dear Ms Barnes,
Thank you for your review and thank you for sharing your experience at NH Collection Porta Rossa!
It is amazing for us to know that you enjoyed our beautiful hotel and its service.
In particular we are happy to know that you had a good experience with our team. That you enjoyed so much the location, the room, the concierge service, the breakfast, the restaurant of the hotel, the position in the heart of Florence.
Thank you again for your feedback, this really means a lot for us.
We look forward to welcome you again soon. We remain at your complete disposal for further assistance.

Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

In need of a vacation before I started my new job, I decided to head back to Firenze. I hadn’t been since I studied there. I had a great experience at an NH Collection hotel before, so I decided to see what was available.

Porta Rossa was excellent. When I arrived, they upgraded my room since I was staying there a week. They also let me check is early, which was great since I had just spent the whole night traveling.

The room - spacious and clean. I love the mix of modern and classic. Plenty of storage room to make yourself at home.

The breakfast - A decent spread of croissants, fruit, meats, cheeses and eggs- I’m not sure how they made them but they were so delicious! I like the convenience of eating there, but definitely had a second breakfast when I was out and about. When in Italy :)

The location - Right next to all of the high end shopping in a safe neighborhood. Plenty of places to eat around. A short walk from the Duomo, which is a must see, but I would never want to stay in that immediate area, too crowded. It’s near everything really.

Overall, I had a very pleasant stay and would go there again.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Noemi P, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at NH Collection Firenze Porta Rossa, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2018

Dear Cheryl,
Thank you for your review and thank you for sharing your experience at NH Collection Porta Rossa.
In particular we are happy to know that you enjoyed the room, the breakfast service the fantastic position of the Hotel in the heart of Florence.

Reviewed May 3, 2018

I left few things in the hotel and staff ignoring the answers to me. Things was never returned. Terrible experience for such a hotel class! Everything is about the people who works here. This hotel didn't earn my trust

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
Noemi P, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at NH Collection Firenze Porta Rossa, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2018

Dear Mr Rimkus,
We are really sorry to know that you are so disappointed.
We never received any e-mail regarding what you left in the room. We are really sorry, we double check and in all our e-mail contacts we do not have any e-mail from you, neither in the Spam.
We found an Esprit green and white swimsuit in the room where you spent your vacation. We just would like to be sure that this is what you forget. we sent you an e-mail the last week asking how to proceed with the shipment.
We think is just a misunderstanding and we are really sorry for the inconvenient.
We remain at your disposal for the shipment, we kindly ask you to contact us in order to proceed, and we are at your disposal for any information you might need in the future.
We would love to welcome you again soon.
Best Regards,
Guest Relation

Reviewed April 16, 2018

We booked our Italy trip through Costco, and we really didn't know what to expect, but the Firenze Porta Rossa hotel exceeded our expectations by leaps and bounds. We arrived by train from Rome on a Sunday morning, weary from little sleep the night before. After a little difficulty finding the hotel, we were warmly greeted by the front desk attendant and were immediately offered a Prosecco for my wife and a wonderful Cappuccino for myself. Our room was ready in 30 minutes, and one of the staff members graciously showed us several of the beautiful common rooms and then our room, which was absolutely gorgeous. The location is perfect, walking distance to the Duomo, The Uffizi Gallery, and fabulous little bistros and gelato shops. The breakfast service is to die for, with traditional american items like eggs and bacon, as well as a cornucopia of italian meats, cheeses, breads and fruit. Throughout our 3 day stay, the staff was so friendly and accomodating and I think we exchanged Buongiorno and Buonasera greetings a few hundred times. We are already planning our next trip to Florence, and we won't be looking anywhere else for a hotel!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark K
Noemi P, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at NH Collection Firenze Porta Rossa, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2018

Dear Guest,
It is amazing for us to know that you enjoyed our beautiful hotel, its service, the location, the breakfast service and in particular we are happy to know that you had a good experience with our team!

Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

Having stayed in Florence before, we were familiar with the area and neighborhood that we wanted to be situated in but wanted to try a different hotel. The NH Collection Porta Rosa was slightly more expensive than some others in the area, but when you arrive it's clear to see why:
The grand hotel has gorgeous charming elements and architectural details as soon as you reach the lobby and reception area, we were welcomed by the doorman and assisted immediately by the front desk staff who were very courteous and professional.
We had only planned for a one night stay but unexpectedly had our flight cancelled and had to stay an additional night, the hotel staff were very accommodating in the last minute booking as well as trying to help us out with contacting the airline to rebook our flights.
Would definitely return!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Noemi P, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at NH Collection Firenze Porta Rossa, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2018

Dear Guest,