“For a comfortable weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of NH Collection Firenze Porta Rossa

NH Collection Firenze Porta Rossa
Ranked #28 of 422 Hotels in Florence
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“For a comfortable weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

A very welcoming hotel and service minded staff. The reception staff were helpful and able to answer all questions. The room was clean, tidy and fresh. Plenty of space for our luggage and a safety box for our valuables. The breakfast was one of the best we have seen in Italy. Good selection of both hot and cold and sweet. Plenty of fresh fruit and a good strong coffee. The street outside was quiet despite the night club further down the road. The only disturbance was the early street cleaning machine in the morning. The hotel was easy to find from the railway station and close walking distance to the sights

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

What a wonderful experience! We have just returned from a 4 day break after celebrating my wife's 50th birthday. The staff at the hotel are a pleasure and extremely helpful. Laurent and Valentina ensured our stay was exceptional and arranged for a champagne surprise on our arrival. We were also upgraded and loved the clean, spacious room. The hotel is an excellent combination of original historic features and modern rooms which have been tastefully designed. The breakfast is generous and well presented. We had a wonderful time and would recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes to stay in quality surroundings at a great location. Many thanks to Laurent in particular for arranging our trips and making us so comfortable. No1 place in Florence in our book.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Central Florence - within walking distance of all places to visit. Beautiful old building beautifully renovated. We decided to push the boat out and book a junior suite. It was opulant - huge room with windows which had stone steps up to them. Four poster bed in the middle of a minimally furnished room. It felt like a film set - and we have stayed in some luxury hotels ! Breakfast excellent in cool, light and airy rooms. Staff very efficient and friendly. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All the rooms were good but our junior suite was fabulous
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The original structure was built hundreds of years ago and it once served as a palace. It has recently be renovated into a hotel and they did a teriffic job. As European hotel rooms go, this place offer enormous spaces. The rooms are probably 25X30 and the ceilings are 16 feet high which gives a wonderful feeling of open space. The beds are very comfortable and the baths are huge, including large walk in showers. The breakfast was absolutely wonderful. The staff, while maybe a bit on the youthful/informal side, they were pleasant and helpful when needed. The Porta Rossa is located win a great part of the city and witin walking distance to everything. It had a 4.7 rating and honestly, I don't know what could be improved.

Room Tip: If you don't want street noise ask for a room in the rear; we had 114 and it was very quiet. My...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank d z
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had the good fortune of finding a great rate at this hotel while staying in Florence.
The decor, furnishings and general feel of the hotel are exquisite- lovely to look at, but also extremely comfortable. The entire staff (especially Laurent and Marta!!) was so incredibly helpful and hospitable we never wanted to leave! The location is excellent- right in the heart of things but not on a busy (or noisy) street. We will stay here again and would definitely encourage to do the same!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayd there during February. I loved it from every aspect. Perfect location, beautiful building, old but fashionable, clean and airy.Perfect huge rooms and central heating. Berakfast was good, could have mpre variations and fresh orange juice. ALL IN ALL I WOULD NOT STAY ANYWHERE ELSE IF WAS IN FLORENCE AGAIN. LAST TIP! TRY CAPPUCCINO IN THE HOTEL. BY FAR THE BEST I HAVE TASTED IN FLORENCE!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Just wrapped a two-day stay at this hotel with our teenagers and my parents. We booked 4 rooms - all beautiful and right in the heart of Florence's best shopping district. We checked on the first day and everything was going great until I received a late evening call from daughters in room 102. They had found two bugs on their bed. Thinking nothing of it, I told them to kill the bugs and get some sleep. Five minutes later they called again having found another. I went to their room and looked at the round brown bugs they had disposed of in the toilet. I did not recognize the bugs. I checked their bed and did not see anymore. I then checked the upholstered headboard and found several reddish orange small bugs crawling up and down. At this point I suspected these bugs were bed bugs. I called the front desk and they immediately moved the girls to another room. I googled images for bed bugs and realized that the bigger bugs were adult bed bugs and the smaller ones were nymphs (younger bed bugs). I immediately had the girls take a warn shower and bagged their PJs in a ziplock bag. The girls hardly slept the night because the were disturbed by the bugs and were worried about them popping up in their new room. I checked the new room, the boy's room and my room but did not find any evidence bed bugs.

When I told the hotel I did not think it was right to charge me the one night for the girl's room after the hassle and inconvenience (because I will now have to take precautions to ensure I don't bring any bugs into my own home) they still charged me for the one night for room 102- despite the fact that we were paying for 8 nights in total.

Again, the hotel is beautiful and in a good location, but do not stay in room 102. The front desk said housekeeping had checked the room the next day and not found anything. They did not check the room in the evening so I don't think that proves there are no bugs.

• Stayed March 2013