“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Kusadasi, Turkey
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

When we were in Florence last month, we stayed in a hotel called Rapallo and spent 5 great days and nights. We enjoyed to stay there because of some advantages. First of all, the location was great, only 10 minutes walk to Santa Maria Novella station and close to all sights. Secondly, the hotel was clean and well furnished. Third, the satff were excellent and the food for the breakfast was nice. I could not say good things about the Italian hotels in the past, but this hotel will change my opinions about them. If I visit to Florence again, be sure my address is Rapallo. I will recommend Rapallo to everybody. Thanks Rapallo hotel again for the great experience.

Mahmut Okcesiz, tour guide, Kusadasi, Turkey

Room Tip: Rooms are good in all corners
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank kuletgin
lorenzo c, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Rapallo Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
dear friends from Turkey,
thanks for your comment, we are pleased to read your contentment for your stay and we hope to be able to nuovemente accolgiere in florence
a greeting from all the hotel
Lorenzo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I chose this hotel based on great reviews, and stayed there for 5 nights while attending a conference in Florence. There was a convenient buss shuttle from the airport to the main station in the city, for 6 euros. From the main station, the hotel was about 10 minutes walk north on Via Nazionale. The hotel is located next to Piazza dell’ Indipendenza on a busy little street, within easy walking distance of attractions and restaurants. I was greeted by Dimitri who was very friendly and helpful; since my room was not ready he made sure that I am comfortable in the lobby and treated me with espresso and cookies. At the time that I booked my stay at Rapallo I requested a room on a higher floor, away from the elevator and street noise. However the room that they gave me was on 1st floor, facing the main street, and close to the elevator, so I asked to be moved to another room that is a better match for my original requests. That was not a problem; Dimitri showed me another room located on 3rd floor and facing the back of the hotel which was quiet and perfect for me. The room had a nice floor, firm bed, and nice bathroom with great shower. It was clean except for the floor so I asked them to clean the floor and later in the afternoon when I returned the room was all nice and refreshed. Wi-fi in the room worked excellent all the time. The breakfast was good with a variety of salami/cheese, cereal, pastries, fresh fruit, juices, coffee and tea, everything kept in perfect order by Claudia who was wonderful. There were only a few things that I didn’t like. The safe in the room was miniature, and it was always too hot in the room; the AC/heating system’s control panel was blocked and controlled only by the front desk, so I had to call them several times and ask to adjust the temperature. I tried opening the windows but that only attracted mosquitoes in the room (didn’t expect to see so many in March). There was a mini refrigerator with free bottled water in the room, which the maid was supposed to replace every day, however that never happened without me having to call the front desk. But as with other little things, all problems were fixed quickly and efficiently by the great staff of this hotel. They won my confidence and I would be glad to return to Rapallo for my next visit to Florence.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank Gazda
Park Ridge, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We had a perfect stay here clean and chic the rooms are so bright and clean breakfast was perfect. The location is perfect. My one complaint is the third bed is like a cot not a bed but it was fine for my 23 year old. Other than that it really was a perfect hotel for our first time in Florence

• Stayed March 2013
Nisswa, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Rapallo has a great location: Close to the train station, and an easy walk to virtually anywhere in central Florence. The staff were very helpful and sent us to excellent restaurants very nearby. The room was very clean, quiet, and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
lorenzo c, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Rapallo Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
thanks a lot for your comment We are delighted that you have enjoyed among other things our tips on how to know the city
lorenzo
Athens, Attiki, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The hotel is ideally located close to the centre of the city. The facilities are of excellent quality, the rooms are clean and newly renovated, the breakfast is very nice and most of all the services provided by the personnel of the hotel are exceptional.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
thanks a lot for your comment a greeting to the beautiful greece
lorenzo
Durham, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This hotel was refurbished less than a year ago to a very high standard. Rooms very quiet and comfortable; and very clean. Towels changed every day. Family run in very convenient location. Good range of food for breakfast. Special feature is that they have coffee and snacks in the dining room from 5 - 8 pm. However on the day we arrived early afternoon we were encouraged to have the snack then. What makes the hotel special is the attitude of the staff, they really cared that we had a good time in Florence, giving us excellent tips for restaurants etc. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
lorenzo c, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Rapallo Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel and for leaving a souvenir of your stay, I am very pleased that you enjoyed. I hope there will be an opportunity for a new trip to florence
best regards
Lorenzo
Cary, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This hotel is very easy to get to from the train station. It is lovely inside and rooms were very spacious for just the two of us. Lots of storage room for our things. Breakfast was lovely and I appreciated the use of the hotel computer each day to stay in touch with everyone at home. Snacks in the afternoon were always a welcomed sight. Would definitely stay here again. Very close to Lorenzo Market, which we loved.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends