“Great antipasti”

Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Duomo
Description: Little David Spaghetteria Pizzeria Museum of Wine. Offers 25 years of passion and experience in researching the cuisine of the ancient Tuscans (the Etruscans), and how this has finally evolved to us. By tasting the flavors of our exemplary dishes we want to recall the ancient Etruscan inn Flavors, and aromas from spices no longer used. The sampling of our dishes will simulate the sensation of a trip back in time in which fine ancient cuisine is appreciated. Multivalent spaces for every your enjoyment and necessity: romantic dinners in the monumental garden, various festivities such as birthdays and graduation parties, aperitifs and buffet enriched with fine wines and Etruscan specialties, a hall equipped for conferences, presentations, catering and sommelier lessons, and finally WINEX an extraordinary exposition of wine extending in two amazing halls. You will find here more than 350 historical items including authentic Etruscan, Roman and medieval artifacts exclusively donated for the WINEX by the National Archeological Museum of Florence. Two free halls in the heart of Florence will introduce you to the enchanted world of wine.
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had a break from our morning guided tour at the Duomo. An hour before we rejoined. Only a few metres down Via Martelli we gave this place a try for our lunch. We had the antipasti for two. What a treat! Wonderful meats, breads and cheeses all washed down with a more than reasonable bottle of wine. Considering its central location not at all expensive and good value for money.

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled upon this place after our visit to the Duomo. What is not visible from the street is that they have a nice and quiet backyard with tables. It was very nice to get away from the crowded street for a while! Food was ok, staff was friendly. Perhaps not the place for an anniversary dinner, but perfect for a resting lunch break.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

The wine selection here is very good. The food is fairly standard. But if you are looking for a quick lunch or dinner close to Duomo, you can't go wrong here.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I had arrived in Florence (first day) in search of a nice restaurant for a nice dinner. The restaurant is descent looking and appears charming. When I walked in the waiter (Non-Italian) a foreign guy working at the place. Comes by hands me a menu was standoffish no smile, no welcome, no nothing. He was too busy flirting with University students (4 girls across the way). I sat for 15 minutes before the waiter returned. I ordered the pasta (mushroom, olives), bread, a glass of wine. The prices were high for bland pasta and stale bread and house wine. I then waited another 20 minutes for my check the waiter was no where around, I had to summons a nice waitress to come by and ask for my check. What's a person to do for service? I got up walked to the register and paid the bill. I do not recommend this place, the food is bland, the service is ignored (I forgot what service?). Go elsewhere, there are other local restaurants in the area that are better with better food and service.

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on a sunday evening as it was the only thing open at 8.30pm.
The food: we ordered an antipasti of various salumi which was OK and two plates of pasta which were good but very small if you're hungry.
Service is charged automatically so no need to tip at €1 per person.
We've eaten way better for the same amount so I would not come another time.