“Location, location, location”
Review of Il Bargello

Il Bargello
Reserve with
Il Bargello is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #455 of 2,876 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Uffizi
Reviewed October 30, 2013

When we visited Florence, this looked like the busiest area. I am assuming they serve a lot of tourists. If you like to watch a lot of people and activity, this is the place for you.

Marco T, Proprietario at Il Bargello, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear guest
thanks for your comment but maybe you miss to post the rest of the review because in the first three lines you don't tell absolutely anything really important about us (the food, the service,the price...) except that we're located in a famous place and in this case it's really hard to understand the reason of the low score that we had earned from you!
In this case you can tell same things about a Cafè in Paris near the Tour Eiffel or an Hotel in London in front of the British Museum or a Bistrot in New York in the Fifth Avenue!!!
And, if your yardstick is really only how much a place is famous and full of tourists, we deserve five stars!!
I really hope that maybe a day you publish the missing part of your post in order to leave us and my dearest Readers Travellers understand what was wrong in our restaurant and maybe leave us the possibility to learn something and do something to do better.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

In the Piazza so it doesn't have to try that hard. BUT the pizza was tasty enough and the beers were large and decently priced for a touristy area. All in, I would go back if I wanted to people watch. They also have free wifi but it doesn't work that well.

Marco T, Proprietario at Il Bargello, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear guest
I'm sorry but I don't really understand your review, because the title is bad, your opinion on the food and the price is quite great and the score is just medium.I' m quite astonished!!
We don't pretend to be a "novelle cuisine" restaurant, but we like to serve good, genuine and fresh products in italian style. So I don't understand......maybe if you come back a day you will be so kind to explain your exact problem, but I'd like to give you an advise:next time, if you had any problem,tell to people in order to solve it immediately and leave you a good memory of your staying in a place!But it just my opinion....
I'm sorry for the wifi,but it wasn't our fault.Infact some days ago we had some problems with the connection caused by the central operative sistem of our phone line,that we have solved now, so if you want to come back now the wifi connection is very very good!
Waiting for you on your next trip in Florence

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We chose Il Bargello because of the location, which was nice. The waitstaff urged us to come in, but once inside they no longer seemed to care that much about us. We ordered two pizzas which were supposed to have eggplant, artichokes along with some "surprise" vegetables. When the pizza arrived, there were no eggplants and no artichokes on our pizza. We only had "surprise" vegetables like large slices of carrots and big chunks of potatoes and zuchini. The pizza didn't include any of the items that were listed on the menu. We also ordered spaghetti with meat sauce, and the spaghetti tasted like the noodles in Campbells Chicken Noodle soup. The food was not good and the service was inferior. The responses the owner gives to any negative reviews on Tripadvisor illustrates his arrogance. He's never apologetic, but instead attacks the reviewer. The only good thing about this restaurant is the location.

1  Thank Verna C
Marco T, Proprietario at Il Bargello, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Guest
I've spent lot of days thinking about what answer to you and I'd like to start from the end of your post.
You called me arrogant,never apologetic and you've said that I always attack people who leave bad comment:this is false and my dearest Readers -Travellers can check it by themselves reading all my answers.
Yes sometimes I've answered strongly when someone accuse us falsely and unjustly but it was just self-defense.
I've not any other way to defend myself ,my employers and my job on this website if not to be strong and brave with words...
So about your lunch:yes on the menù the description of Pizza Ortolana is "Pizza with artichokes,eggplant, ETC..",but it means just that you can find inside only vegetables LIKE artichokes and eggplant.It pretend to be JUST AN EXAMPLE because our pizza man put in the Pizza Ortolana our fresh vegetables products and they can change everyday.Ok,maybe this is our fault because maybe we had to write a generic "with mixed vegetables", but if you really wanted those vegetables on your pizza why you didn't ask for them instead just to go to write a bad review?We would change the pizza immediately as we had done several times for others persons, but if you had eaten the pizza without any complain how we could know that you didn't like it?I'm sorry at the moment we don't read minds:ops I'm sorry maybe now I'm starting to be not apologetic...
About the spaghetti what can I say?Nothing: because If I argument about it you said that I'm arrogant and If I said that I'm sorry that you did't like spaghetti you say that I apologize just because you had said before that I'm always arrogant so...In Italy we say that this type of situations it's like a dog chasing it's tail and French people call it an "empasse":I don't know how you say in english but I'm sure you have understood.
Dear Guest it's November and I've started my job in the restaurant in March and everyday I've worked at least ten our (seven days a week and thirty days in a month) so I'm sure that I've worked hard(maybe some days better and some days worst:we're human and we do mistakes..) and I've answered to ALL post on Trip Advisor(you know that most of people choose to do not answer because they are tired???)and I don't want to say I'm sorry when people leave post accusing me that I've not work in a good way.
The only thing about which I'm really really sorry it's that post like yours can be the difference in this website classification

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My sister and I enjoyed a drink and pizza at this restaurant while watching all the activity in the Uffiizi Gallery square. While service was initially slow and it was a reasonably expensive meal, we both thoroughly enjoyed our pizza. Non alcoholic beverage choice was extremely limited and wine was not served by the glass. The coffee was fantastic. We sat outside, but inside dining was available.

Marco T, Proprietario at Il Bargello, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Guest
thanks for your review.I'm really glad that you have appreciated our pizza.
We're considering to serve wine by the glass but until now not much people ask for it:but I promise that we will try to serve also this!I'm sorry that you had the impression that our soft drinks list was poor because maybe it wasn't specify on the menù but if you would ask to the waiter he could tell to you all our no alcoholic beverages:maybe next time ok?So you have another reason to come back!!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Terrible place. Taken in by Trupadvisor sticker in window. Food was tasteless- how do you make pizza tasteless ? They managed. Service abysmal - never got a napkin - pushed u to order and then tried to take our plates before even finished food.

Dear guest
it's always sad to receive a post like yours but in this case the thing really sad it's that I can't do anything to apologize or to do things better.
I was astonished to read that nobody care about your napkins and that the waiter did the thing you've described (maybe he was really really busy, but I don't want excuse him for this:it's just a possible,or better,the only justification of his behavior...)and I'm sorry for that,but above all I'm really really sorry because you did't come inside to talk to me about all the problems in order to leave me the possibility to do something in that moment.
Now I can't do anything,because I don't know who has got that bad behavior but say I'm sorry...I hope you come back so we can talk and maybe you will give us a second chance