“Lunch with a view!”
Review of Il Bargello

Il Bargello
Reserve with
Il Bargello is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #481 of 2,786 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Uffizi
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had lunch at Il Bargello on two occasions and were absolutely delighted with the service and the quality of the food. Despite the restaurant being in the Piazza della Signoria and surrounded by milling crowds, the staff were polite and cheerful and the prices were most reasonable.

Marco T, Proprietario at Il Bargello, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Guest
you can't know how important is a post like yours in which you were able to specify that we're not a touristic restaurant (whatever that means...) but we're just in a touristic place!
And thank you to appreciate that we were professional and kind despite the crowd and to note that our prices are reasonable and our food is good.
So I can just say THANKS!!
We hope to see you again in future
My best

There are newer reviews for Il Bargello

Reviewed September 6, 2013

You can combine good Italian cuisine, value for money and of course the great location, as it is situated opposite the famous Palazzo Vecchio. You have may choices among a big variety of dishes all served by the friendly staff.

Marco T, Proprietario at Il Bargello, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your nice words of appreciation I'm happy you had good time but I assure you we can make better and we are working on this every day!
My best

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Before visiting the Uffizi Gallery, we stopped in for lunch. We were warmly greeted, promptly seated and served. We enjoyed a delightful lunch (Tuscan hors d'oeuvres plate). Our server Roberto was pleasant, attentive and entertaining. We enjoyed the atmosphere, location, service and food, so decided to return for dinner the following evening. Happy to report, the total experience was duplicated again, only this time, Mimmo served us. The pasta and pizza were fresh, tasty and satisfying. Mimmo recommended an excellent bottle of Chianti to compliment our meal. Thanks to the Il Bargello's restaurant team for providing a memorable experience and lasting impression of Florence.

Marco T, Proprietario at Il Bargello, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

My dearest guest
what can I say?Your words are a big prize of our daily hard work!We're really glad that you've appreciated our food and our company and we are sure that you remember us and sure that this is the beginning not only of just a contact but maybe of a good friendship.
Waiting for you on your next trip in Italy

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Footsore & hungry after walking around the Uffizi, Il Barbello provided a convenient, relaxing break and lunch for our party of 4. Wide choice of food on the menu and efficient service for such a busy establishment. Great for people watching - we enjoyed watching a wedding party in the square.

Dear guest
thanks a lot for your post!It's very important for us that people letf with a good memory of our restaurant.
We hope you to see you soon again in Florence

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We chose to eat here because it overlooked the old palace and the prices seemed reasonable. Once we had say down and looked at the drinks menu we realised why they made the dishes seem reasonably prices because for a can of soft drink it cost €5. We ordered a pizza and a lasagne and the pizza came 15 minutes before the lasagne for which there was no apology. The pizza was average and the lasagne want layered properly and was just a mess of bolognese and pasta. Would not recommend!

Marco T, Proprietario at Il Bargello, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Guest
well...What can I say?It's always sad to receive a post like yours but,as I'm used to say, it's really more sad when things could go differently just using a little bit of gumption .
So if you've sitted down and, after have looked the menù, you'had thought that the prices of drinks are too expensive for you, why did you stay?You could go away:in general we don't use to put glue on our chairs (infact WE'RE NOT a TOURIST TRAP...) and people can leave immediatly,obviously before ordering,if they arent' agree with our prices.But if you've decided to stay and to order why then complain about prices?
About the lasagna's waiting time problem I really can't believe that nobody apologize for it:in general we pay attention that food come together on the table,but sometimes it can happen for several reasons (even if it could't happen,we're human and we can make mistakes and we're always sorry when it happens,but we try always to apologize for it...) and in general the waiters use to explain the problem and say sorry:maybe you didn't hear or understand, but if they din'd do it that day, I'll do it now. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience..
Then you said that food was average:our lasagna and pizza are both very appreciated by people and you can read also here a lot of good comments about them, but I can understand that YOU could'nt like them BUT NOT that OUR FOOD IS AVERAGE:this is your opinion that's it!!

Ok now...I've got a theory about posts like this and I pray my dearest Readers-travellers to give me a second to explain it.
This guest was disappointed by drinks' prices and then NOTHING could be good,NOTHING could be appreciable because he was angry, but I can and I could do NOTHING for this:not now not then...