“Great Food Great Location”
Review of Il Bargello

Il Bargello
Reserve with
Il Bargello is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #459 of 2,872 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Uffizi
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Before visiting the Uffizi Gallery, we stopped in for lunch. We were warmly greeted, promptly seated and served. We enjoyed a delightful lunch (Tuscan hors d'oeuvres plate). Our server Roberto was pleasant, attentive and entertaining. We enjoyed the atmosphere, location, service and food, so decided to return for dinner the following evening. Happy to report, the total experience was duplicated again, only this time, Mimmo served us. The pasta and pizza were fresh, tasty and satisfying. Mimmo recommended an excellent bottle of Chianti to compliment our meal. Thanks to the Il Bargello's restaurant team for providing a memorable experience and lasting impression of Florence.

Marco T, Proprietario at Il Bargello, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

My dearest guest
what can I say?Your words are a big prize of our daily hard work!We're really glad that you've appreciated our food and our company and we are sure that you remember us and sure that this is the beginning not only of just a contact but maybe of a good friendship.
Waiting for you on your next trip in Italy

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Footsore & hungry after walking around the Uffizi, Il Barbello provided a convenient, relaxing break and lunch for our party of 4. Wide choice of food on the menu and efficient service for such a busy establishment. Great for people watching - we enjoyed watching a wedding party in the square.

Dear guest
thanks a lot for your post!It's very important for us that people letf with a good memory of our restaurant.
We hope you to see you soon again in Florence

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We chose to eat here because it overlooked the old palace and the prices seemed reasonable. Once we had say down and looked at the drinks menu we realised why they made the dishes seem reasonably prices because for a can of soft drink it cost €5. We ordered a pizza and a lasagne and the pizza came 15 minutes before the lasagne for which there was no apology. The pizza was average and the lasagne want layered properly and was just a mess of bolognese and pasta. Would not recommend!

Marco T, Proprietario at Il Bargello, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Guest
well...What can I say?It's always sad to receive a post like yours but,as I'm used to say, it's really more sad when things could go differently just using a little bit of gumption .
So if you've sitted down and, after have looked the menù, you'had thought that the prices of drinks are too expensive for you, why did you stay?You could go away:in general we don't use to put glue on our chairs (infact WE'RE NOT a TOURIST TRAP...) and people can leave immediatly,obviously before ordering,if they arent' agree with our prices.But if you've decided to stay and to order why then complain about prices?
About the lasagna's waiting time problem I really can't believe that nobody apologize for it:in general we pay attention that food come together on the table,but sometimes it can happen for several reasons (even if it could't happen,we're human and we can make mistakes and we're always sorry when it happens,but we try always to apologize for it...) and in general the waiters use to explain the problem and say sorry:maybe you didn't hear or understand, but if they din'd do it that day, I'll do it now. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience..
Then you said that food was average:our lasagna and pizza are both very appreciated by people and you can read also here a lot of good comments about them, but I can understand that YOU could'nt like them BUT NOT that OUR FOOD IS AVERAGE:this is your opinion that's it!!

Ok now...I've got a theory about posts like this and I pray my dearest Readers-travellers to give me a second to explain it.
This guest was disappointed by drinks' prices and then NOTHING could be good,NOTHING could be appreciable because he was angry, but I can and I could do NOTHING for this:not now not then...

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Lovely location but food was awful. We had 3 different pasta dishes between the four of us and they were all bland. The bread rolls were stale and the service was strange, almost fawlty towers esk. Wine was lovely though. There are much better places on the square.

Marco T, Proprietario at Il Bargello, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dera Guest
what can I say?It's always sad to receive this type of post,but we can't please everyone:It's life and we accept it.
But I'm really more sad because we can't do anithing to protect ourselves by those things,except hoping that people read also my answers and not just the comments...
What was wrong with the pasta?What did you eat?Why did you not tell us at the moment if something was wrong?We could change the pasta (or the bread or the waiter or...anything else to complain about?)Thanks to save the wine:unbelievable...
I have one last question: why do you have to offend us comparing our service to a sit-com?
We didn't do anything to offed you and so I don't really understand why do you have to offende us...We try to do our best every day,working hard, in order to make people happy to stay here and so I don't really understand:maybe YOU didn't appreciate our food or our service or etc.etc.,but I can guarantee that lot of people all over the world appreciate us but unfortunately the majority of them don't write here...
But you have written something with which I'm absolutely agree:YOU can find others restaurants in Piazza della Signoria and in Florence,maybe not better than us for all, but maybe better for YOU..

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

After a day of shopping in Florenze we selected this place for a casual dinner. It is well located in the square of Museo Di Palazzo Vecchio. We had salads and pizza and a nice bottle of wine. Everything was average with good people watching. It's ok if you're tired and hungry but nothing more. We paid 74 euros for 2 salads 1'pizzas with a 28 euro bottle of wine. The best part of the meal was the wine.

Marco T, Proprietario at Il Bargello, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

It's always sad when someone is not happy with us but this is life and we accept not to be able to please everyone!
Yes it's always sad but the thing really sad is when people don't use the instruments at their disposal:you could tell at the moment thet something was wrong with the food and we are always at our guest's disposal to change plates (even if sometimes it's not our fault it never doesn't matter!!) and you could read the menù so you could no complain about prices..
We have several entusiastic posts about our pizza:so maybe I can suppose that it's not our fault if you didn't like or if it was our fault now it's too late to change thing and even if I apologize for this I' m sure that this could't change your mind.
But,and this is Always my only hope,the Readers-travellers who read the reviews read also my answers and have the possibility to think about this type of posts of which you can't understand the reason!
I've travelled all around the world and I've eaten in a lot of places some extraordinary,some others just good and some others really bad but NEVER I've left a post without before asking to me if it was simply my taste or if the problem was objective and above all I've ALWAYS tried to change my plates in order to stay well.
But maybe I'm strange...