“Horrible wine, Terrible food”
Review of Il Bargello

Il Bargello
Reserve with
Il Bargello is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #459 of 2,872 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Uffizi
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We ate here because it was the only place open at 10pm. We were served really hard bread. It was so hard we didn't even dare try to cut it or bite on it. It was hard like a rock. The wine we ordered tasted vinegar-ish. It was aweful. The meat of the pork chop was of poor quality and the flavor was blah. The service was nothing out of the ordinary. For the price we paid and quality of the food, the value was poor. I will never eat at this place again.

1  Thank ToniLuvsScuba
Marco T, Proprietario at Il Bargello, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Dear Guest
It's hard to answer to a post like this and maybe it's too late.
Nothing good, nothing well, nothing to say:I've just a question...
Why you did say NOTHING that evening,so maybe we could solve your problem?We could change your meat or the wine or the bread or the waiter (NOTHING else??),but now...Now really I've NOTHING to say.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We ate there twice since being here, both times were pleasent experiences. The marinara pizza (marinara sauce, oregeno, garlic, olive oil) is the best we have eaten. It is simple and the crust is thin, but the ingredients are fresh and flavorful. Pizza came out hot.

It is in a good location (in the piazza fella signoria) and prices were normal. Good mix of locals and tourists.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Food: plain old bad. Boring. I had the ravioli with tomato sauce. I might as well have bought a pack at the supermarket.
Service: good waiter, with lots of sense of humor.
Location: good.
Target clients: tourists.
Price: ridiculously overpriced.

Suggested by an italian friend; was very disappointed.

Management response:Responded January 2, 2013

...ever again!!!We AREN'T just a touristic restaurant:we' re in a touristic place and it's quite different...I'm sorry but I don't really understand what exactly was wrong(maybe because you didn't tell it in your description...but it's just a suggest!)Our prices are the same of others restaurants in the city centre of Florence and no"overpriced" and above all sometimes you pay more for better food:our ravioli are fresh every day from an old home made pasta maker in Florence so I really don't understand what was wrong with them,but maybe(just maybe because I don't want to be "ridiculously self confident or arrogant") you could tell us at the moment in order to help you to stay well or maybe(just maybe..)you don't want to stay well but only have the possibility to write something bad...But just maybe!
The direction

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Very crowded day in the square but got seated at this busy restaurant. Pizza and salads were good. Bread not so. Service so so. Hard to get the bill. Price ok.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

The restaurant location is really quite good but for my wife and I the service was very poor indeed. The waiter was very surly and quickly made me feel as if we had made the wrong choice on this evening. We had to wait quite a long time for our food which when it arrived was distinctly average. The pizza was ok but the pasta was reheated and quite poor. The table bread was unpalatable.

It was also quite expensive which made this meal so much more regrettable. Don't waste your money.

This was simply not an experience to be repeated.

Marco T, Proprietario at Il Bargello, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Guests
what can I say?I can try to apologize for waiter's behaviour or for waiting time but I'm not sure it's useful,because I'm not sure that it was there the problem...Maybe,but just maybe, because I don't want to seem self confident or arrogant, you had to wait a little bit more than normal because we're plenty of people and maybe for the same reason (lot of works..)the waiter SEEMED (maybe not WAS) absent or hurried...
For your wife's pasta:we don't use to reheate anything,because we do all at the moment but if you had this impression why did you not tell us something in order to solve your problem changing the pasta?
About price:I have no more to say than I say every time...You had the menù so you can choose if the prices are good for you or not and if you choose to stay you hadn't to complain for them.