“Italy at New Year”

Ranked #30 of 421 Hotels in Florence
San Francisco, California
“Italy at New Year”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We drove from Rome to Florence on December 26th without a reservation and plugged the US Consulate into the GPS. That ended up being a great random point to start in Florence because it put us right in front of the Bernini Palace Hotel. They had rooms available and we spent three of the best night you could have imagined in Florence. The Hotel was right near the Uffizi Museum and Piazza della Signoria. It was walking distance to all of the major points in the city and had great service. The staff was courteous and helpful. The consigner was thorough, knowledgeable, helpful and detail oriented. They truly made our stay more enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Bluadvance, Direttore at Bernini Palace Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for your precious feedback.

Looking forward to welcome you again at the Bernini Palace Hotel we remain,

With best regards,

David Foschi - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Korean first
Orange NSW AUSTRALIA
Reviewed February 22, 2014

The Bernini palace hotel in Florence is location, location. We stayed for 3 nights over the weekend.Unfortunately the great location was noisy each night and the Friday night noise on the street did not cease until about 5 am.
The room itself was really nice, very clean and decorated beautifully. The bathroom was large and had a lovely soaking bath. It was clean and had the little touches of a 5 star hotel.
We had spoken to staff to get advice on tours and we had a cooking class arranged at TOuch ristorante was was fantastic, we had so much fun there we went back for dinner that night. The other tour was appalling and a total rip off. We arranged for a private mini van to take us and show us the sights of Tuscany. Our driver, Silvio, was no tour guide. He was on his mobile ph non stop and gave us very little information about the areas we were visiting. He dropped us at each place, and was in a hurry to get back to Florence in the afternoon. We had been told that we would go to a vineyard in the chianti region but they were all conveniently shut.
I guess my advice is don't book tours through the hotel, yes they organized the cooking class which was great by the other one was appalling.
The bar area is very nice in this hotel and the service good. The most disappointing thing about this hotel was the inconsistencies, it should have been amazing but the noise and the terrible tour to the Tuscan area pulled it up very short of amazing.

Room Tip: Any room away from the street!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank BecJ43
Sandbach, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Immaculate hotel, situated perfectly in the centre of cultural attractions.
The bar service in particular is excellent. I recommend afternoon coffee, even if not a resident. At 10€ for 2 including biscuit selection it's a perfect retreat away from the crowds.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CarricktoRome
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed February 17, 2014

After visiting Versailles, this place was like a dream come true. And I got to blow my savings on it. Weeeeeee

First off: this is one place you go for looks. Service is great too but it is all about looks. It is 350 euros a night, it is expensive and it's absolutely fantastic. You have a key to your own floor! Say what???

Rooms~ My room look like Marie Antoinette bedroom except its bigger. It is a palace after all. You are right in the middle of it all with the location too. The lobby is stunning as well as heir executive floor. It's one place where I didn't want to leave the room because it as so comfy and cozy. But I had to for food!! Their food selection seems a ok for room service. It was definitely overpriced for Florence.

They also have English channels! Scoreeee ( After a month in Europe, you will miss English channels) . The room comes with beautiful little gifts all over. Fluffy bathrobes, treasure chest for your shoes, amazing closet, prettty bathtubs and all that. The bed was stunning but not as comfortable. I slept better on second night.

Location: the reason this place is so expensive! It is right in the middle of it all. Gallery, museums, restaurants, the river. I mean all right there!

The staffs: they are friendly. They actually helped book my visit to Museo Michale Angelo aka Accademia Gallery within 5 minutes of my arrival. I was very excited to see David in person. When we arrived to the Accademia Gallery, I was so thankful that we got to skip that massive line! BUT, the hotel also charged us 15 euros extra per person for booking. Huh??!! Well, it's still worth it since I got to skip the line. I would've appreciated it more had they let us know prior.

Same goes for the wine tour. The price for Chianti was cheaper than going through the hotel receptionist. But they also helped me booked that at 2 am. So I guess I can't complain. Did I mention how pretty this hotel is? Pretty people get away with a lot of things. Well, pretty places do too.

Apart from those few hiccups:it was great. I love the palace hotel that looks like my own mini palace. Its just so pretty. I'm not sure I'm willing to spend as much for next time around. $350 is great but not 350 euros! Maybe I'll come back for a night. Or come have lunch in their lobby! Glad I got to experience the palace like hotel though. Grazie voi!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LatifaS_23
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a lovely 4 night stay at The Bernini Palace Hotel. The location is superb, our room looked onto the back of the Palazzo Vechio and Piazza Di San Firenze. so it's seconds from Piazza della Signoria, the Uffizi, the River Arno and (the amazing) Bargello museum. Everything is easily reachable on foot and so also when you get tired it's easy to retreat back to your cosy room for a rest. Our room was lovely. Clean sheets and towels every day, turn down service and wee gifts too! Beds super comfortable and Bathroom luxurious and clean. Staff were lovely too and were happy to speak English to us. Breakfast was a lovely experience, a beautiful room with table cloths and silver cutlery and classical music playing, exceptionally friendly and attentive service, and a great choice of foods. So, a very pleasurable experience, we highly recommend this hotel!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
New York
Reviewed February 4, 2014

When we walked in, the hotel seemed a bit austere but we were greeted warmly at the reception and had a wonderful stay from that moment on. The dining room is stunningly beautiful and the breakfast buffet offered a large array of choices. The bar in the lobby was a great way to end our day. The room was spacious, clean and well appointed. We were close to everything. One person in our party had trouble walking long distances, it was always easy to get a taxi when necessary. I wouldn't stay anywhere else when I return to Florence.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 31, 2014

In November , I stayed for three nights at the Bernini Palace Florence. I am exceptionally well traveled and have stayed in over 75 countries staying at many world class properties. On all aspects this property rates in the top tier !! Beautifully appointed, maintaining the charm of the building but with contemporary infrastructure needed by discerning travelers.
Good size rooms superbly appointed, relaxing lobby with bar, spectacular breakfast room with excellent food served on white linens with heavy silver---well above 98% of the way breakfast is presented in most Euro hotels.
Location, so close to the Uffizi and the Piazza can't be beat.
Finally, staff is exceptional. Welcoming, professional, friendly, highly polished and definitely service focused.
I will not stay anywhere else in Firenze !!

Room Tip: High floors are great
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo