“Mistake to go here”

Il David Ristorante Firenze
Reserve with
Save up to 25% when you reserve online *
Il David Ristorante Firenze is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #667 of 2,680 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Uffizi
Akron, OH
“Mistake to go here”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

We arrived for lunch and were one of the only customers. Even though there weren't many others to attend to, we felt that service was slow and even when the waiter was attending to us he was looking elsewhere and not really listening. The food was disappointing. Our meals weren't very tasty and the bread was hard as a rock. There was a clear glass or plastic barricade around the perimeter of the restaurant that was probably there as insulation during cooler evenings; however in the warm afternoon sun we were absolutely roasting - adding to our miserable experience. We couldn't wait to leave. We knew dining in a touristy piazza was a risk, but we didn't realize it would be this bad.

• Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
“So many other choices!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I were in Florence for the day and I must simply say that Florence was my most favorite port on the cruise we were on. The same cannot be said about our expeience at the restaurant.
Our waiter was not pleasant but simply doing a job. Service was slow and the food was not great. I am italian and know good homemade pasta when I taste it. My pasta was from a box, drenched in olive oil and lacked salt. The presentation was horribl and the plat they served it on was stained on the rim with tomato sauce. Now I must add I had pasta aglio and oiglio..there is NO SAUCE in that dish. Which lead me to believe that the dish was not cleaned properly before re-use!
My husbands pizza was good but not great! The bruschetta was tasty but I must agree with previous review, soggy bread, way to much oil so it fell apart when we picked it up. Managed to eat it with a fork! I am of italian heritage so I may be a little pickier but nontheless always candid
I am always brutally honest in my reviews and hope that it will help those who are going to make great choices as I rely on this forum. Unfortunately for me I did not review this restaurant prior to our trip so I went on my gut!
Enjoy Firenze..simply beautiful!

• Visited October 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great food - central Florence”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I had a great lunch here - we both had meaty pasta dishes with a glass of wine. Prices were fair and service was a little slow, however. If you're looking for a convenient/quick lunch - this is a good stop to make.

• Visited August 2013
“Go elsewhere!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Service was ok and location great however.... Brown smelly goo should not have come from my girlfriend's prawns, the limp lettuce and six slices of soft orange were a poor accompaniment, my €25 steak was burnt on the outside, undercooked inside and garnished with what I can only assume was porcini flavoured mush! Not a €90 meal, preserve your opinion of Florence and GO ELSEWHERE.

• Visited October 2013
Burlington, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Late meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great service, wonderful location. Sat near edge of restaurant outside and had flower sellers try to hawk their wares. Got tired of floating lighted toys being in sold everywhere. Prices reasonable.

Visited September 2013