1,174 results
All reviews rooftop bar astoria hotel train station old palace san lorenzo breakfast room is decent size old world charm side street fifth floor hotel is in a great location pastries major attractions beautiful room on foot an easy walk ponte vecchio
Reviewed April 9, 2006

Stayed at the Astoria for 4 nights in April. Superb location, convenient to the train station and all major sights. Quiet rooms, old world elegance, generous breakfast choices. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2006
Reviewed March 11, 2006

My partner and I booked a 3 night break staying at the Astoria with Hotelconnect[--].

We paid a very low price for a hotel which exceeded our expectations. Sited in an excellent location the hotel is a good base for exploring the city.

Our room was lovely, nice decor, huge bed, air conditioning and kept spotlessly clean.

There was a good choice at breakfast. One things the Italians know how to do is bake cake - and the cakes at breakfast time were fabulous - think I came home a few pounds heavier because of it though!

In the bar waits the most friendly, attentive barman I have ever met. Emilio. This man is a legend. He does not know the meaning of moderation when it comes to pouring measures of alcohol. His cocktails are fabulous - but very potent. He was always willing to give information on the city and was in his element dealing with people and making sure everyone had a fantastic time. My partner and I asked about the rooftop terrace as we had seen it in brochures and wished to have a look at the view. Alas it was closed for the winter time. Sensing out disappointment, Emilio summoned another member of staff to open the terrace and take us up. What a view! Beautiful. If anyone reading this makes the trip. give him our regards! Tracy and Rodrigo.

• Stayed: February 2006
2  Thank weechick
Reviewed February 17, 2006

We have just had a wonderful 3 days in Florence and this hotel is just perfectly situated to visit all the sights and come back for a siesta in the afternoon!
Our room was clean and very comfortable and the maid service very efficient.
The hotel had an air of faded elegance which some how suggested another era...quite romantic really!
The staff were extremely friendly and especially helpful when I had my purse stolen in the city (BEWARE)
Breakfast buffet was included in our price deal and although what was on offer on each day seemed to differ there was plenty to choose from...fresh juice fruits, cereals ,different breads and sweet pastries along with cheeses and ham and a choice of coffees and teas.
The evening meal in the hotel was overly expensive (especially the wine!) and we preferred eating out locally.
This was a particularly quiet time of year and the hotel only had a few guests.. the up side of this time of year is that you dont have to queue to visit any of the sights!!!

We would be happy to recomment this hotel to others.

• Stayed: February 2006
1  Thank Lynn G
Reviewed January 18, 2006

Stayed at the hotel with my family in two rooms at the end of Dec. 05. Main lobby is nice but, when you get off the elevator what a change. Halls are run down, carpet was stained and the hallway wallpaper was falling off the walls. Plaster walls were cracked and in need of repair. The rooms were clean but very run down. One room did not have a functioning lock and for three days we tried to get it fixed with no luck. The bathroom ceiling had mold all over the skylight. The other room was not much better.
Breakfeast was just ok. Did not give fresh O.J. They served powdered O.J. If you wanted fresh you had to pay more.
It smelled like they were having a problem with their septic system.

Great location, walking distance to everyhing.
Great service from hotel staff. Very nice people.

• Stayed: December 2005
6  Thank Rhonamic
Reviewed December 2, 2005

Stayed with my wife and two teenage children for four nights. The hotel is well located and the renovated rooms were adequate in terms of size and amenities but I would not rate them 4 star. Some areas of the hotel need upgrading. We found the service variable, ranging from very helpful to down right rude and argumentative when we checked in having used a booking service instead of the hotel's direct system.

We found the dining options expensive even for a chain and considering the plethora of great places to eat within walking distance, I would recommend dining out.

If you can secure a special rate and spend most of your time out and about, then the location will compensate for the hotel's downsides. Otherwise I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2004