I haven't ever wrote a review before but i used TA to help me for my whole trip so i might as well give some back to the community, here it goes..
The location for this hotel is great, situated perfectly between the Duomo and the main train station. However, As an overall I found our stay at Astoria Florence to be an unpleasant one, for reasons ranging from poor room condition to lack of customer service.
1. Upon checking in the person at the front desk told us that breakfast was included during our stay. When we got to breakfast the next morning we found out that this actually wasn't the case and we had to fork out €25 euros for a couple croissants and some orange juice.
2. The air conditioning system in our room was not working. Being summer in Florence, Our room was stinking hot and we found it impossible to sleep. When I went down to enquire if someone could have a look at it or fix it we were greeted with a sarcastic comment in Italian amongst themselves "why don't these people just open a widow" not knowing we know Italian, (havig the window was a problem too as we did for 1 night and we were covered in Mosquito bites the next morning) overlooking the comment they told us they would have someone look at it. 20 minutes later we got a knock at the door and the same staff member with the comment handed me a small desk fan and walks away, no checking or anything.
3. If you need wifi for work or just to keep people up at home with how your trip is going, be prepared to sit inte lobby with heaps of other people as this is the only place you can connect from. As to why they don't have wifi in the room baffles me and I find it annoying waking up in the middle of the night needing to check something and having to go all the way down to the lobby to do so.
If you plan to stay at this hotel, don't expect much as of room quality or customer service, like I said before the only saving grace for this hotel is its great location
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Boscolo Astoria Firenze is the ideal choice for your stay: you'll be accommodated in the rooms of the Palazzo Gaddi and Palazzo Arrighetti, historic buildings belonging to noble Florentine families, where art recounts the passage of centuries every step of the way. Indeed, it was while living at Palazzo Gaddi that the great English author John Milton found inspiration for his masterpiece, Paradise Lost, and in these very rooms that he wrote it. The noble past of Hotel Boscolo Astoria Firenze is also reflected in its location: the church of Santa Maria Novella, abounding in great art, is right nearby (as is the convenient railway station with the same name), and a short stroll will take you directly to Florence's historic centre. An undeniable advantage that puts the most beautiful areas of the city right at your fingertips. The prestigious salons of the luxury Hotel Boscolo Astoria Firenze, decorated in original Florentine Baroque style, are the perfect backdrop for important events. The restaurant will pamper you with typical Tuscany and Mediterranean dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your B4 Astoria Firenze reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boscolo Hotel Florence