“Love this hotel!”

Plaza Lucchesi Hotel
Ranked #51 of 422 Hotels in Florence
“Love this hotel!”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

It's close to everything staff is super friendly and helpful breakfast is very good. Can't wait to go back there again!

• Stayed December 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Walvis Bay
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Our stay was at the end of July - and we loved the fact that the hotel was so very central. The service was always friendly. Free wi-fi, clean rooms with crispy white sheets made me feel as if I was home!

1 Thank trvlwvb
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We had a triple room, which was LOVELY. It had a view of the river, and we could see up to Piazza Michelangelo. With the large two story window open there was a lot of street noise til about midnight, but we were so happy w the view, it was worth it. Our unit had the bathroom, closet and sitting area on the first floor, and upstairs was a loft with a double bed (two twins put together) and a single bed with its own coffee table in an alcove off to the side. Perfect for my husband, my teenaged daughter and myself. Free internet was nice, tvs both upstairs and down. Air conditioning worked well and was pretty quiet. The towels were nice and fluffy, the bathroom VERY clean. Shower with bathtub, tho the tub itself was quite narrow. The bedding was comfy, surprisingly, and the pillows were also very good....two per person! Breakfast had a good selection. Lots of pastries and fruit (canned and fresh). They had some cheese and meats, poor quality bacon, and what seemed like powdered scrambled eggs. the coffee was weak (American coffee?) but there was a nice selection of teas. We just really missed our cappuccino! The location was very good. There's parking in the back of the property for a fee, but its worth it if you're driving there. The hotel itself is about 10 mins from the Porto Vecchia and easily within walking distance of clubs and restaurants, but far enough away so that you don't hear them at night. The front desk staff is a little stuffy, but very attentive, and the cleaning staff is really friendly and considerate. I think that with a little refurbishment of the carpets in the hall/entry, it would be REALLY nice. We really enjoyed our stay there, and will definitely consider staying there again!

1 Thank TandCfromHawaii
Sarasota
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband, son, and I were traveling together to Italy in June, and this hotel was our choice for Florence. There did not seem to be much activity at the hotel-- it seemed kind of dated (my first impression). I did not like the formality of it. . . uniformed bellhops, carpeting, etc. It seemed a little impersonal, especially after our friendly hoteliers in Rome. At any rate, the service was professional and very helpful. The restaurant food was extremely fresh and well presented. Service in the restaurant was good, although our waiter (none of whom spoke very fluent English, but that is OK!!) reacted flippantly when I changed my mind on my order. Breakfast in the morning was fair. The usual offerings of cold cereals (muesli, etc.) were available, as well as a hot buffet (which looked unappetizing to me--runny scrambled eggs are not fun.) There were fresh fruits available, (apples) but they were whole, which is odd, because how can you really eat these on your cereal without them being cut? And you cannot sit there with a sharp knife, there are no sharp knives! So I had the canned variety of pears with syrup, and prunes. The coffee was very weak, (for Americans, I guess) and I was disappointed with that. . . they really should get with the program on that all over Italy! One thing that was disturbing about our room were the mosquitoes. Big ones! And I've seen my share of those in my home state. We found two in our room (one bit me) in one night and there were a few over in my son's adjoining room and he found it difficult to sleep. Perhaps it's unavoidable, but it was really a turnoff. The bathroom was very plain, white tile, not small, but nondescript. It was not a totally unpleasant experience at this hotel, but we did have much better experiences in Rome and Venice.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We have just returned home from a vacation in Italy that began in Venice, continued to Florence and was supposed to end in Rome. Unfortunately for us, my 21 year old daughter developed an issue requiring medical treatment the day after we arrived in Florence. We had never been to the city before, and none of us spoke Italian. I can't tell you how grateful we are to have been staying at a hotel where every person who worked at the desk went out of their way to help us. From providing explicit directions, calling ambulances, forwarding phone messages even after we'd checked out of the hotel, to simply inquiring about my daughter's health each and every time we arrived back, the staff did everything possible to make a difficult situation just a bit easier.

We've stayed at many hotels over the years. And the facilities at the Plaza Lucchesi were wonderful. But what makes this hotel stand apart is the people who work there and their genuine concern for the comfort of their guests.

I am happy to report that my daughter is fully recovered. Our whole family hopes to have the opportunity to visit both Florence and the Plaza Lucchesi again in the future.

3 Thank Cathy8591
Weston, Connecticut
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Our family of 5 stayed here in July 2011 for three nights. We loved our stay. The staff was extraordinary. They welcomed us, gave us superb recommendations for local restaurants, and were quick to provide whatever we needed -- from BandAids to converter plugs to helpful information.

We stayed in two suites that each had a sitting area below and a bedroom up a staircase. The rooms overlooked the Arno. They were very comfortable and nicely appointed and decorated.

We liked the location. It's a short distance from the tourist center of town -- perhaps a 10 minute walk to the Uffizi and Ponte Vecchio -- and even closer to Santa Croce.

Breakfast offered a wide array of tasty pastries, yoghurts, eggs and cereals.

We heartily recommend this hotel.

1 Thank WestonFamily5
Boston
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Just returned from a three night stay at this hotel. Location was perfect, close enough but not in the midst of the masses. Room size was small but adequate. We had a problem on our first night with the air conditioner not working. While the night manager was helpful, the hotel was fairly full so all he could offer us was a single. More like a closet! In their defense, it was corrected the next day. I have to say that we did not find the staff very welcoming or accomodating (with the exception of the night manager). Simone, in particular, bordered on rude. Not sure if we'd return because of this as there are many other options.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family