“great location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #68 of 422 Hotels in Florence
Moissac, France
“great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The staff were all very helpful. The room was comfortable. The hotel is minutes from all the main city centre places of interest. We had a very nice stay. The only things that dtracted slightly was the noise from renovation of the room next door but the workmen apologised for this & did not start work until 9am so we were being lazy & should have been up anyway. The beds are exceptionally comfortable which is why we wanted to stay there!
The breakfast room is small when everyone wants breakfast at 9am. We only went twice. Far better to go out for breakfast & experience the lovely collazione available steps away in numerous other establishments.

• 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This location could not be better. The hotel is quiet, older property and comfortable. Nice bedding and excellent night's sleep. Breakfast is susbstantial and staff is obliging. We would stay here again, because all you would ever want to see is within 10 minutes of your room. Excellent!

2 Thank msb0nd
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The location is excellent - 2 minutes walk from the Duomo and the Uffizzi Palace. Room was a bit small tight but comfortable and clean. Double glazing and blackout blinds ensure a quiet and peaceful sleep. Reception staff were very helpful throughout our stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hotel was stylish, great value. Room was quiet, spotless clean. Location was 2 minutes walk from Duomo - 15 minutes from central train station. Free Wireless Internet was fast. Blackout blinds really ensured a good night's sleep. I will definetely be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pamidorski
Solihull
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This hotel is excellently placed and is within easy walking distance of all the main visitor attractions. The hotel staff are most helpful. The hotel itself is very clean and the standard of our room was superb. The dining room is quite busy at breakfast, but everything you need is there.
All in a great hotel

Room Tip: They are refurbishing rooms in rotation, so just ask. The staff are really helpful.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel in January of 2011 on our tour of Italy. This hotel can't get any more centrally located; Calzaiuoli is one of the main streets in Florence. Steps away from the Duomo and other tourist sites; this is a great place to stay if you are a first time visitor. The only downside to this hotel for me was that we got stuck in a room which bathroom wall shared that of the kitchen, so every morning around 6AM we could smell breakfast being cooked.......got old very quickly! Had I known this when I checked in I would have promptly asked to be moved, but since this came to my attention in the morning it was hard to move. Our room was not on the main floor, so I thought it was odd that the kitchen was on our floor, but later I realized the dining hall was also on our floor......recommend asking for a higher floor!

The rooms were a nice size for european standards and clean. Our room faced the streets and we never heard street noise!

Despite our early AM wakeup calls via the cooking food in the nearby kitchen, the breakfast was one of my favorites in all of Italy. Plenty of meets, cheese, pastries, fruit etc.....

I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends in the future, but definitely not our room!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

It was my great pleasure to have been a guest at Hotel Calzaiuoli for the past two weeks. The room was wonderful. I don't just throw that out as a compliment, I really mean it. It was very clean, the linens were fresh and crisp, and the hot water pressure was always sufficient. This is not something to be overlooked! The location, right in the heart of downtown Florence, was perfect and within an easy walk to the Duomo and all of Florence's famous art galleries and museums.

The staff is exceptional: Everyone recognized me by sight on the second day so when I was fetching my key at the end of the evening the manager knew which key to give me without my even asking. Similarly, at breakfast, the woman arranging everything knew the coffee I wanted and went to fetch it immediately on my entering the dining area, also without needing to ask. One evening when I had need of a fork, I called and someone brought one up to my room. (At other hotels, I would have been told to come downstairs to fetch one. This would have been okay too, but it shows your staff takes extra care to providing a good service.) On the two occasions when I needed laundry done, a brief mention at the front desk in the morning was enough to ensure pickup and have them delivered cleaned that evening.

In every respect the quality of Hotel Calzaiuoli was exceptional, save one: the Internet access was unacceptably poor. As a business traveler, connectivity to my customers and home office is critical. On several evenings, access was so bad that I connected (tethered) my laptop to my cellphone to utilize the Vodaphone data network service. I would be very happy to pay 5-10 Euros per day and have high-quality, reliable Internet service than to have free Internet service that is unable to meet my needs.

I hope you take these concerns in the spirit in which they are offered: that of a very happy resident of this facility for two weeks, but one who hopes for an even more excellent experience the next time I come to Florence.

My sincerest compliments to Hotel Calzaiuoli and its outstanding staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business