“Location great, all else poor ”

Grand Hotel Baglioni Firenze
Ranked #105 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for location near city just opposite train station, then this is fine. It fails on all other aspects except for historical. Dark and creepy hallways and musty carpets, wifi too slow, front desk especially concierge is extremely rude. No place for your own amenities in bathroom, no latch on door. Asked for a non smoking room was told at front desk at check in it is but the room had smoke odors from previous guest. A very tieed old hotel that needa refurbiahment. The hallways on the same flpor has many stairs up and down and splits the floor level. Choose only for location and dont mond the rooms and service.

3  Thank Tony Y
Write a ReviewReviews (2,448)

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband & I unexpectedly stumbled upon this hotel after being booked at another hotel very far from the heart of Florence that we were unhappy with due to the distance from the town. We walked in and were lucky enough to get a reservation even though they were quite busy with a men's fashion week show. The room was spectacular! Everything you might imagine of a hotel room in Italy! Beautiful wood floors, high coffed ceilings, a garden terrace outside our room, and a spacious, CLEAN white marble bathroom with all the amenities. Not only was the room extremely comfortable and included a beautiful breakfast each morning, but the 3 hotel concierges were extremely helpfu, patientl and knowledgeable about where to go and where to eat! The hotel was literally across the street from the train station, which made our day trips to other towns very easy, and central to the main heart of Florence so we were able to walk everywhere with ease and were always very close to our room if we needed something. I would definitely recommend the hotel and hope to be able to visit it again one day.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and had a garden terrace right outside the room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jodi M
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Huge bedroom, big wardrobe (with plenty of coat hangers), good showers and bath, very clean, good variety of food to eat for breakfast while enjoying the wonderful view. All the staff were very polite. Location good for railway station and the city itself. Loads of eateries in the near area. Check out the view from the rooftop terrace, where you can have a meal or a nice cup of cappuccino!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracey H
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have visited this hotel for drinks on the roof terrace on numerous occasions and this time its the last, the service is awful, I'm not sure if its because your not staying at the hotel, but we order a bottle of champagne and every time it takes forever and a day to arrive, if it wasn't for the views we would go without waiting for it to arrive, But the last time was the last I'm sure there's better places to spend your money with just as good view.. Bring on the cosmopolitan Hotel...

3  Thank HayleyGirardier
BaglioniHotelmanager, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Baglioni Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

I am very sorry you couldn't fully enjoy your experience at our Roof Garden. The standards we have set at the American Bar are extremely high, which is how we have garnered such popularity. At the moment to me is hard to understand what it could be happened, however please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you encountered.
I hope you will reconsider your position and possibly decide to spend once more a nice time enjoying "your drink with a view"!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Late arrival and really good reception. Room was upgraded but terrible noise when trying to get some rest. People shouting and noise of water running... On the other hand wonderful bathroom. Breakfast was at 5th floor but inside the building, not allowed to go outside and enjoy the view of wonderful Florence
. Will not recommend this hotel, had high expectations.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jeroen S
BaglioniHotelmanager, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Baglioni Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. In the other hand I regret very much having not fully responded to your expectations. I am also very sorry to learn that even if a very good reception, a wonderful bathroom and our inner breakfast room with a spectacular view of the city (outside we only serve american bar service and dinner) were much appreciated you would not recommend us.
I hope you could reconsider your position in order to give me the great pleasure to welcome back soon!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I love this hotel and have stayed many many times, great location and great roof top bar and restaurant.

However this time the service was terrible. I waited 1 hour 20 mins for a tomato salad then a cold grilled chicken turned up 1 hour later.

When I complained I was told there were 50 diners and things take time, they eventually apologised when i had to go and try to make them settle my account.

Breakfast was packed half empty plates not what it used to be like.

Lots of students pretending to be waiters who had trouble serving, did not feel like a luxury hotel!

On my last day and asked about having any stamps to send some postcards I was advised there would be a little extra to pay but instead of 65cents they wanted 3 euros per card.

That was the final insult as I left the hotel.

Generally poor service and I am considering if I will stay there again after 10 years.

When later in the day and I arrived in Milan at The Principe de Savoia, it was great.

Baglioni sort yourself out, if you are going to fill the hotel with American tourists you must not forget your business traveller who pays a premium price and can stay somewhere else.

3  Thank 150londonjp

Dear Guest,
I regret very much to hear that after many many appreciated stays with us this time we did not fully exceeded your expectations. To clear up your doubts I have to say that the current management is proudly working for the Hotel Baglioni since 2002 and that is completely and continuously aware of how important is the quality of service offered. At the moment I regretfully have no explanations for the disservice highlighted however, If this time we did not achieve our usual standards, please accept my sincere apologies. On regards of stamps surcharge I am afraid probably was due to a sort of misunderstood . The cost for 1 stamp is 85 €cent and, please let me say and assure all guests, that it is absolutely impossible that it could be over priced up to 3 euros.
I hope that on future visits to Florence will consider however staying again at the Hotel Baglioni in order for us to show you once more the well known exemplary service we provide.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Can not fault this hotel. It was a lovely hotel with a lot of history and tradition. It gives you a warm feeling and leaves you wanting more. Me and my husband enjoyed the roof top restaurant on the first night overlooking most of florence and the cathedral. It was amazing and so beautiful.
Good service all round and clean! which is a must for me. The room was cosy and was the right size for the two of us. As we were there for work we had good wifi and a lovely desk to work on.

Please please visit this hotel!

you won't be disappointed!

3  Thank kirnjit s