We stayed in room 54 of this hotel when our tour changed the itinerary. We were looking forward to staying at Hotel Brunelleschi, but we were switched to the Montebello Splendid Hotel. I was not impressed.
First, the hotel was in a poor location; far from the city center. You must walk a long distance before getting to the shops, restaurants and attractions.
The lobby seemed old and outdated and the hallways to the rooms were kind of dark and dingy. The room was small, but the beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean. The only view we had was looking out into the small and unimpressive courtyard. However, the courtyard in the front of the hotel is nice.
The service was unfriendly and unpleasant.
There are much better choices in Florence and I would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An old villa from 19th Century with private garden located in the lively heart of Florence and transformed into a boutique 5 stars hotel full of charm and warm atmosphere, according to the neoclassical Florentine tradition. All rooms are elegantly designed and decorated differently but all equipped with the most up-to-date comforts. In a few step from the hotel you can easily reach all the most important attraction of Florence. Capriccio restaurant is the gourmet option for hotel guests to experience greta italian food in a very relaxing enveiroment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Montebello Splendid reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montebello Splendid Florence
- Montebello Splendid Hotel Florence