This was our second long (4-6 day) stay at the Montebello Splendid. The hotel is beautiful, staff helpful with requests, but not omni-presently hovering as in some 5 star hotels. (Some have mentioned the staff as being unfriendly, but this may be because you have plastic room keys and the reception desk is slightly blocked from the door. They responded beautifully to all requests.)
The hotel couldn't be more comfortable, clean, with great beds, lovely junior suites.
Breakfasts are overpriced at 23 Euros (this is typical of higher end hotels in Italy and France) and mediocre. They were included in our pricing, otherwise we would have eaten out. Much as we love the hotel, the location is a quick 25 minute walk from the Duomo and through a couple of streets where I didn't want to wear good jewelry. We might stay elsewhere next time only because of the distance from all we typically do in Florence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An old villa from 19th Century with private garden located in the lively heart of Florence and transformed into a boutique 5 stars hotel full of charm and warm atmosphere, according to the neoclassical Florentine tradition. All rooms are elegantly designed and decorated differently but all equipped with the most up-to-date comforts. In a few step from the hotel you can easily reach all the most important attraction of Florence. Capriccio restaurant is the gourmet option for hotel guests to experience greta italian food in a very relaxing enveiroment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Montebello Splendid reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montebello Splendid Florence
- Montebello Splendid Hotel Florence