This was my 2nd stay at this very nice hotel. Last stay was back in 2005. The hotel itself still lived up to my expectations. The room (shared w/ my sister) was quite spacious. Very clean and excellent amenities (love the slippers and turn down service!). It's funny, though......in 2005 when I went, my best friend's husband commented about how rude the staff was. I didn't really notice. THIS TIME, however, I kind of "got" what he meant. And I think the reason it stood out so much was because this was the 3rd hotel during my trip of 5 hotel stays (city-hopping among Venice, Florence, Milan, Naples and then Paris) and I had some other places to compare it to. I wouldn't call the staff "rude," but they definitely did not come close to being as pleasant as the staff at most of the other hotels I stayed in (and those hotels weren't 5 star, but rather 4 star). Some people may call them "snooty," some may call them "rude," but there was just "something" missing from the staff at this hotel....maybe some smiles and warmth...appreciation for choosing their hotel to stay? And I think it's funny that the front desk is positioned so that when you come through the hotel door (the rotating door), you really don't see the staff member(s) who are stationed at the desk. So, there's no "Buongiorno" or "Buona Sera" each time you return to the hotel (and yes, I did get that at the other hotels...except for Paris). Anyway......the hotel property itself is exquisite. Since I really didn't have to bother w/ the staff while there, my stay was just fine. Wait...I did have to ask the lady that checked us in about a shoe repair place. She did give us directions, but we didn't find that one. We did end up stopping in a shoe shop to inquire about the direction of the shoe repair place and were guided (quite politely) to "Centro Servizi Rapidi" on Via Palazzuolo where I received FABULOUS shoe repair (re-heeled my boot) while I waited! And the owner/shoe repair man "Francesco" (I think that was his name) was delightful!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An old villa from 19th Century with private garden located in the lively heart of Florence and transformed into a boutique 5 stars hotel full of charm and warm atmosphere, according to the neoclassical Florentine tradition. All rooms are elegantly designed and decorated differently but all equipped with the most up-to-date comforts. In a few step from the hotel you can easily reach all the most important attraction of Florence. Capriccio restaurant is the gourmet option for hotel guests to experience greta italian food in a very relaxing enveiroment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Preferred Hotels, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Montebello Splendid reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montebello Splendid Florence
- Montebello Splendid Hotel Florence