“The service was So terrible!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ambasciatori

Hotel Ambasciatori
Ranked #228 of 421 Hotels in Florence
“The service was So terrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I was stayed from August 22 to 24! I came to front desk to check in that staff Gianni service me. I want to complain him about his ill-mannered to his manager, but he said he was the manager. I think he absent his mind to work there that not profession.
I booked the hotel rooms online. They may make the mistake of two rooms with one queen. I want one room with one queen, the other with two twins. I talk to him and ask him could u help us to change one. He said today is fully booked and your room is available by turn. Maybe because the language barrier. I cannot understand his meaning that they have room available or not. And then He has no patient with me. Also he say dirty words with his own language. He cares nothing for manners and spits in the face of me.
Later, I talk to the the other stuff could I upgrade my room, he was sneering at there. How can I suffer such insolence? It's unjust to discriminate against people of other races.
He was showing up by without quality.When I chose this hotel,I believe you guys will provide me the best services to us, but he just destroy my trip in Firenze. I pay those money, I don't deserve this kind of unprofessional services. I respect a four star hotel can provide us four star services. The top management should pay attention about this problem and consider Gianni's work attitude. Btw when u need something and call the front desk. If they don't understand they will hand up the call suddenly! So funny!

• Stayed August 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 stars
5 Thank Monica_ws

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

we stayed 2 nights at this hotel. The location is great, it is close to the train station (2 minutes walk), room was descent size, clean and comfortable and the breakfast was really good. Overall it is a great hotel to stay for the money you pay.

1 Thank PINAR B
Somers Point, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

I was happy to see a queen size bed after small twin beds in Rome. Hotel is convenient to all the tourist spots within 30-45 minutes strolling time. Breakfast is adequate. Iy\t's not my favorite meal. Provides free WIFI.

1 Thank NittanyLion70
Moore, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

My husband and I backpacked across Italy in October 2013. Carrying our luggage on our backs can get heavy, so our first step in any city is to find the hotel and drop off our bags. This hotel was perfect. You literally walk outside the main entrance of the main train station and you are looking at the hotel. The rooms were nice and the bed was comfortable. The morning breakfast was also good. The hotel is located just a short walk from the Duomo, great shopping and restaurants. We would definitely stay here again if we are fortunate enough to return to Florence.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Opposite to train station, and a supermarket next to hotel, very convenience. Besides, it just take 10 to 20 mins walk distance to all tourist location. Room is spacious, clean and morden. Our room do has a good view which facing the piazza santa maria novella.
Breakfast is so so.... dont expect too much

Room Tip: ask for a room which is not facing the train station
1 Thank jessienjoe
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Being part of a tour group across Italy, I did not know what to expect staying at this hotel in Florence. It was a little to close to the train station for my taste, extremly quiet, but our room overlooked the train station which was not idea. It was easy walking and convenient to all of the touristy locations. Beds were soft, staff somewhat pleasant, Sami the bartender is what made this location fun. The breakfast needs some attention, it was not good. Would probably not stay at this location again when in Florence.

2 Thank DallasMeetingPlanner
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel and besides a small hiccup with our initial room, our stay was perfect! Eduardo and Co. were always friendly and nothing was ever too much. After a slight problem with our initial room, management was courteous enough to not only change our room but offer us an upgrade to a Jnr. Suite which was way and beyond amazing. The hotel is clean, very modern, rooms are spacious and close to all the main attractions. Thanks to the staff (especially Eduardo & Mauricio) for making our stay so pleasant. This hotel can't be beaten for value, location and service!

• Stayed July 2014