“THE BEST GELATO I HAVE EVER TASTED!”

Ranked #6 of 215 Dessert in Florence
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: San Lorenzo
Temecula, California
“THE BEST GELATO I HAVE EVER TASTED!”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I came to study abroad in Florence for a month. I discovered this place around the end of my second week here/ beginning of my third week in Florence. Ever since I have discovered it I have been back many times, nearly every day. The gelato is fresh with such distinct and powerful flavors! I recommend the stracciatella with fig flavor! The owner is such a sweet guy. He and I got to know each other over my time here. He knows when I walk in what "the usual" is and is constantly joking around. He is such a sweet guy! When I told him I would be heading home in two days he told me when I go back before I leave that he would have a gift for me to take home. Such a great owner with fantastic gelato! Definitely worth the trip to Italy just for his gelato! I plan to come back in a few years just to get more of his amazing gelato!

• Visited July 2014
Le Botteghe d, Proprietario at Le Botteghe di Leonardo, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thanks a lot!!! We are sad that you are leaving but we really hope to see you again very soon in Florence!!! A gelato will Always be ready for you!

Ciao!

• Thai first
  • Turkish first
“Our favorite gelato in Italy!!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We arrived in Florence and after dropping off our bags in our B&B we ventured out for our first gelato. How lucky for us to find Le Botteghe di Leonardo! The flavors were distinct, the texture was creamy!! The dark chocolate in particular was a big hit!! Other gelato's did not compare. On our last night we returned.The owner was very kind and allowed us to taste several flavors! A terrific experience!

• Visited July 2014
Thanks for sharing your expereince here, we are glad you loved our gelato so much!

Please come back soon!

Hong kong
“The best ice cream in town”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Creamy. Soft and delicious. Practically the best one in town.
You won't find another gelateria with the same quality. Very clean as well.

Visited May 2014
“Lightest ice cream ever!”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

The taste was great but most incredible thing is that you don' t need to drink water after you eat it! Molto buono!

• Visited May 2014
Townsville, Australia
“The best gelato in Florence by far!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Everyone seems to make gelato here but few do it to this standard. Great traditional flavours and some unique ones also which they will let you taste test beforehand. No tourist mark-ups, just quality at a good price. So glad we stumbled across this place!

Le Botteghe d, Owner at Le Botteghe di Leonardo, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you so much for visiting our store and writing this amazing review! We are extremely happy you loved our gelato!

Come back soon please!