“Administrator kicks people out”
Review of B&B The Queen's

B&B The Queen's
Ranked #543 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Administrator of the hostel is a very nervous person. When me and my friend came to hostel there was only one bed avaliable for that day and the next day they had 2 beds, so we decided to take what they had, leave bags and find another hostel for me. When we were in the kitchen trying to connect to their wifi to find another hostel administrator came and started yell at me to get out, because for that day we only payed for my friend. So we decided to take our money back and find another place. Administrator throwed our money on the floor and kept yelling. In the end he pulled me to the stairs, inspite of the fact that we were going out anyway.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Julia K

Reviewed June 19, 2013

The hostel is extremely basic. Staff gave free map and provided general directions to nearby attractions and amenities. Rooms however were small, cramped and quite dirty. Matresses and beds were old. No fan provided, got very hot at night, also got bitten by mosquitoes and a girl was in our room was bitten by bed bugs (the bug was actually crawling along the wall). 2 bathrooms for the entire hostel, often had to wait for a free bathroom. Wifi did not work, staff said too many people were using it at the same time. The fridge was filled with the staff's items, and the sink is often left with dirty dishes. Very very basic hostel in need of major cleaning, but convenient location if you dont mind the mess.

Room Tip: If you can, pay alittle bit more for better sleep and peace of mind in another hostel
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This hostel is entirely infested (I mean INFESTED) with mosquitos. Woke up covered in mosquito bites. They burn insect repellant candles, and it seem to be attracting them. The walls are adorned with dead mosquitos and dried blood. I do not possess the lexicon to describe just how awful this made my trip to Florence. There are two bathrooms. Both have showers and bidets. One has a sink, and the other one has a toilet. A single bowel movement requires going to two separate rooms (if one isn't occupied, which it always is). The showers don't have curtains, so the bathrooms are entirely soaked perpetually throughout the day. The rooms aren't clean, and are essentially hallways with beds in them. It is always extremely loud, and the staff is composed of rude degenerates. For example: One night (around 1 AM), I went into the bathroom with a sink, with the sole intention of filling my water bottle. A staff member barged in (the door was closed), and screamed at me (in Italian at first, then in English) that I needed to lock the door when I used the bathroom. Hospitality. Expectations are low in cheap hostels, but I'd rather sleep on the steps of the Duomo. Almost forgot, the Internet worked 10% of the time. Even while working, you'd be lucky to load a single Internet page. Stay away. Stay far away.

• Stayed: June 2013
6  Thank crmelch
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hostel was so horrible, it almost ruined our trip to Florence. We had booked in advance a 3 person room, all females, for 5 nights. My best friend and I were shown instead to a 5 person, mixed sex room, although that was the least of our problems. The room was not what they advertise nor what we had paid for. It wasn't actually a room itself, but a more of a hallway for people to get to the one facilities toilet. We were not allowed to shut the door which allowed the mosquitos from the other rooms open windows to bite us throughout the night. The beds were so cramped together only one person could barley fit between them. The sheets provided had been around for at lest 15 years, and the toilet paper in the bathroom is constantly soiled from the shower mist. The shower itself was broken when we were there and we left before it was even fixed. It was so horrible that we only lasted 3 our of our 5 nights until we had to leave. The staff is incredibly unfriendly, the kitchen left a mess with dirty dished from the staff and food left out everywhere. We were told online it was okay to pay by card, but when we arrived they said they only took cash. The wifi they offer doesn't work at all either. Overall, it was a horrible and most disgusting experience. The unkept facilities as well as the rude staff made for an experience I hope nobody will ever have to suffer.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank ClairesTravels92
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The location is great. Right in the center of town and near basically everything. It can be hard to find at first though, since there's no sign or anything. The staff was good, if not a little strange. We were let in by Uri, who was awesome and gave us a map and told us all of the places to see. I think it's just run by a couple of guys though (very obviously no woman's touch here, lol) and I'm pretty sure they also live there. The room was large and roomy with nice big windows for some fresh air. The only downside was that there was only one bathroom and sometimes the line could be annoying. Overall I'd say it was a good place. Small (only a few rooms as far as I could tell), well located, and welcoming, but a little run down.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Friendly service, clean and spacious room - however, lack of air con at this time of the year meant that the room was very hot even with the windows open. Not as great a view as anticipated from the "garden view" room. Basic amenities but the great location sold it for us and it was very good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2011

This was one of my favourite hostels in Italy. The two guys running the place were very friendly and helpful. Met some nice travellers. Perfect position just down the street from the Duomo.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo