“Dark Rome Walking Tour of Florence”
Review of City Wonders

City Wonders
Book In Advance
$110.89*
and up
Florence Super Saver: Best of Florence Walking Tour, Accademia Gallery, Uffizi...
$68.52*
and up
Skip The Line: Best of Florence Walking Tour including Accademia Gallery and...
$54.82*
Skip the Line: Small-Group Florence Uffizi Gallery Walking Tour
Ranked #40 of 365 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: City Wonders specializes in small group, Skip the Line tours and day trips with expert English-speaking guides. Tour destinations include the Accademia Gallery (with Michelangelo's David), the Uffizi Gallery and a number of walking tours by day and night. We also offer a full-day tour of Tuscany from Florence - visiting Siena, the Chianti wine region and the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Operating across Florence, Rome, the Vatican, Venice and Milan, we have been in operation since 2005.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Knowledgeable and enthusiastic tour guides. Very interesting tour. Be prepared to walk, walk, walk! Tour includes the Academia to see the David. Especially good if you only have a limited amount of time to spend in Florence and want to see as much as possible. Combine this tour with the Dark Rome Tour of the Uffizi for a full day.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

This was my first tour upon arriving in Florence. I wish I could remember our guides name because he was fabulous! The guide was knowledgeable, funny and an art history major so it added a level to the tour that I, as an artist, really appreciated. What a truly beautiful city this is and I found this tour a great way to kick off a stay in Florence. It helped me to gain my bearings in the city and gave me plenty of ideas for other areas I wanted to explore.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I took this tour last month while we were visiting Florence on our honeymoon. The tour has a bit of a higher price tag than a lot of the activities we had been doing so we were a little reluctant, but man were we happy we signed up! Our tour guide Paola was sweet, funny, knowledgeable and interesting. This tour included a guided tour of medievil town of Siena, free time in the small town of Lucca, a trip to (and up the leaning tower if you choose) Pisa, and a visit to Machievelli's estate where you have a wine tasting and a DELICIOUS MEAL! We tasted 4 wines and had unlimited table wine at our disposal. The chianti classico was delicious and I can't help but re-rave about the meal, wild boar, roast pork, risotto, crostinis! Yum! Another great part of the tour was that you were on a small, comfortable mini bus with 10 people total on the tour. This quaint # allowed for a more personalised tour!

2  Thank CSchmidtke
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I were skeptical about booking a tour in Florence, but settled on Dark Rome Tours Best of Florence Tour. This was the best decision ever. Our tour guide Costanza was amazing and smart as a whip! She was born and raised in Florence and had a great love for Florence, art and the Renaissance Era which contributed to the success of this tour. She was very personable and our group had a blast. Also, her selection of the best gelato in Florence was right on point. A excellent tour, great gelato and getting to know Florence.... I say A+.

1  Thank Wisdom40
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We took the Dark Rome “Best of Florence Walking Tour” with Helma which was wonderful and informative. Helma, like the tour guides we had in Rome with Dark Rome Ltd., was knowledgeable and very deft at working with a diverse group, including children. She had a lovely way of interacting with a couple of children, particularly, a young girl and making the tour and information relatable to her. I suspect the young girl will long remember her experience she had in Florence. Since Florence is not all that big, the walking tour was really excellent in providing an overview of the City and then allowing us to follow up on any particular sites we wanted to experience more thoroughly. We highly recommend the Florence walking tour and Helma for that experience.