“Our best day in Italy”

48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Our best day in Italy”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The extended family spent 3 weeks in Italy. My brother-in-law and I decided we wanted to go fishing one day. We met Niccolo in a hotel parking lot and he took us up into some of the most beautiful countryside. After stopping for fishing licenses and (of course) an espresso we hit the water. The streams are gorgeous and the fish are huge. He put us on fish immediately and we spent the next 4 hours having a great time.

Then we sat down to lunch - Italian picnic style - during which Niccolo regaled us with fishing stories and stories about life in Italy and Argentina, where he spends his winters. Then we changed streams and went after fish for another 4 hours.

A nearly perfect day.

Visited August 2012
6 Thank lukejames52

Philadelphia
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 136 helpful votes
“Great trout fishing guide, highly recommend!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Our first family trip to Italy, and my husband wanted to spend one day fishing in Tuscany as a break from sightseeing, We found Fly Fishing Italy on the Internet, and made arrangements for a guide to pick us up in Florence for a day of fly fishing for trout on the Sieve River. All equipment was provided for us, including waders and boots, as well as a picnic lunch and fishing license.

Our guide was Nicco, a lifelong fly fisherman who runs a guide service in Argentina whenhe is not guiding in zitsly. Nicco speaks excellent English, and spent several,years guiding in Montana. He has a great laid back personality and incredible knowledge of the fly fishing. My husband and I both caught trout, thanks to Nicco's excellent guiding. I especially appreciated his patience with me, because I don't have much experience fly fishing. He helped me with my casting technique and never got frustrated when I hooked a tree or got my line tangled.

The stream was beautiful, and we didn't see another soul on the river all day long. It was great to get out in the country after all the sightseeing at museums and churches. We also got some breathtaking views of the countryside on our ride to and from the river. All around, it was a great experience and something a little different to do if you eat want a break from the typical tourist activities.

Highly recommend Fly Fishing Italy!

Visited July 2013