“Cool vegan products, poor food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Dolce Vegan - CLOSED

Dolce Vegan
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: San Marco
Description: Vegan organic restaurant, bakery and store. Open every day from 12 am to 3 pm and from 7 pm to 11 pm (closed on tuesday) for lunch and dinner. Daily menu with homepasta like lasagne, ravioli, tortelli, tagliatelle, gnocchi and as well seitan and fast food dishes for second courses! Many kind of cakes and desserts, ice creams! Little store inside with several vegan organic and fair trade products, vegan cheeses, yogurt, vegan slices, seitan. Friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Try vegan and organic food in Florence!
Ottawa, Canada
“Cool vegan products, poor food.”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

the food was expensive for the quantity and quality of the product. Tiny amount of pasta served on a paper plate...I left happy that I was able to have vegan cheesecake, but was still hungry and had just paid a fortune for noithing.

• Visited March 2012

Ottawa, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Paper plate and Microwave food.”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

This restaurant was very disappointing the food was very expensive and of poor quality and serve on paper plate. The desert were okay, but not worth the detour. The only good thing is the little specialty boutique that is attache to it.

Visited March 2012
Reykjavik, Iceland
“I felt as if I have just been robbed”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I have travelled the world, to well over 50 countries, and as a strict vegetarian, I try to remain loyal to vegetarian restaurants. In most countries, I have tried and tested Vegan or Vegetarian restuarants and this has got to be, by far, the worst that I have ever been to, mainly just because of the terrible value for money. Even for Italy, which is normally a hugely over-priced country, this was outrageous value. As my partner said when we came out from our miserable snack (which was supposedly a meal): 'I felt as if I have just been robbed'. To start off with, this place is a good bit outside of the centre of Florence town centre, so it involves a good walk, which is the last thing you want to do after a heavy days sight-seeing. Besides, the walk is not worth it and you will be dreadfully disappointed. The only positives I can say about this place is that the staff are fairly friendly and the place is clean...but that is where the positives start and end. You have to go up to the counter to place your order. The service is also extremely slow. We only ordered a burger and two so-called hotdogs and a salad. The salad was the worse salad I have ever got in a restuarant. We even had to flavour it ourselves with the only choice they had - olive oil and vinegar. So basically they just through a few veggies into a bowel. When we finally got our meal, we were disgusted with the size of it. It was disgustingly tiny. Rabbit food comes to mind! In fact, I don't think a rabbit would find it filling. The so-called veggie hotdogs were the smallest I have ever seen, about the size of a your pinky finger, if even that. It is just as well we ordered two!! In fact, we first ordered two burgers, but even though the place was empty and we were the first people to enter the restuarant, they had said they only had one burger left. Ridiculous! Our food, which we had to collect at the counter ourselves, was given to us on paper plates with plastic cutlery, apparently all recyclable. Do they know how much water, engergy, etc. it takes to produce these in the first place?? More so than washing proper cutlery!! Is it really so much effort to use human energy and wash decent cutlery? I won't use my partners full wording to it involved the words 'Lazy....'. And to add insult to injury, we then got the bill. A whopping €28 for just a tiny bland burger, miniscule hotdogs, tasteless salad and 2 soft drinks (the best of the lot). Even with the burger they couldn't be bothered to put a sliced tomato/veggie cheese/lettuce/etc. in it to add more 'substance' to it. Never again! Avoid like the plague. If you want to be robbed, just leave your wallet/purse/handbag/etc open around the Doumo. At least you'll expect to be robbed in that situation. I am a strict vegetarian, but even I would not support this place ever again. Rubbish. If I could, I'd give this a 0, I would. Robbery.

• Visited March 2012
6 Thank SciobolUlchabhan
“Nice vegan option in Florence!”
Reviewed December 18, 2011

This restaurant is a nice all vegan option in Florence. The food was very good and being able to enjoy a cappuccino and pastry after lunch is always a luxury. Make this a lunch stop and support the vegan establishments!