“A Must Do in Florence regardless of your level of wine experience”

Florence Wine Academy
Ranked #75 of 148 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Held in the heart of Florence, this class is designed to help participants approach the marvellous world of wine through a comprehensive programme based on the first-hand experience of tasting numerous wines. You will have the opportunity to taste 5 different Tuscan wines and learn about their origin, production, and fundamental wine tasting techniques.
Reviewed January 12, 2012

My cousin found this wine class online and I am so glad she did. The setting is classy, yet comfortable. Vittorio choose a wonderful selection of wines and cheeses to share with us in his charming home. Vittorio is a wonderful teacher who is knowledgeable and entertaining. He made the class interesting for newbies and experienced people. Plus, the classes are small, so everyone has time to engage in the conversation and ask questions.

Additionally, Vittorio exceeded my expectations when I accidentally left my credit card on his desk. I would have only expected him to contact us to let us know, however Vittorio knew which restaurant we were going to for dinner since we had discussed it and so he drove to the restaurant to bring it to me. Well, we got sidetracked shopping for some leather bags so when he got to the restaurant, we were not there yet. Vittorio proceeded to take my credit card to our hotel and give it to the front desk. I was so thankful!!

Reviewed January 9, 2012

My wife and I were on our honeymoon to Italy, and Vittorio's wine course was one of the last things we did while we were there. The experience was amazing. He is so knowledgeable, and so passionate about his country and its wine. We both absolutely recommend this as "Must Do" while in Florence.

Reviewed December 18, 2011

The only mistake I made was going to the Academy on the day I landed in Italy. Vittorio has wonderful experience in the wines and foods of Italy that you will not be disappointed. It was a great way to start the trip, laying a base to everything that would come. We were better prepared for our visits to vineyards thanks to the things we leaned at the Florence Wine Academy. This takes place in a home and not a store front so don't be surprised and don't hesitate a moment. We loved it!!

Reviewed December 14, 2011

I've done two previous wine tastings in Italy, but this was definitely my favorite. The experience was more authentic and Vittorio, the wine aficionado, certainly knows what he's talking about. My mother and I went and we had a wondeful time. Any one of any age would enjoy taking this course and learning about the history of different wines, how they're made, how they differ, and of course, how they taste. Thanks again, Vittorio!

Reviewed December 12, 2011

We really enjoyed this course. The instructor is very knowledgeable. He taught about Tuscan wines as well as how to properly evaluate, smell, and taste wines. Great course, great experience.