“An time not to be missed during your wine-tasting trip to Florence!”

Florence Wine Academy
Ranked #69 of 142 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Held in the heart of Florence, this class is designed to help participants approach the marvellous world of wine through a comprehensive programme based on the first-hand experience of tasting numerous wines. You will have the opportunity to taste 5 different Tuscan wines and learn about their origin, production, and fundamental wine tasting techniques.
Brooklyn, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“An time not to be missed during your wine-tasting trip to Florence!”
Reviewed December 18, 2011

The only mistake I made was going to the Academy on the day I landed in Italy. Vittorio has wonderful experience in the wines and foods of Italy that you will not be disappointed. It was a great way to start the trip, laying a base to everything that would come. We were better prepared for our visits to vineyards thanks to the things we leaned at the Florence Wine Academy. This takes place in a home and not a store front so don't be surprised and don't hesitate a moment. We loved it!!

Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing, authentic experience”
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I've done two previous wine tastings in Italy, but this was definitely my favorite. The experience was more authentic and Vittorio, the wine aficionado, certainly knows what he's talking about. My mother and I went and we had a wondeful time. Any one of any age would enjoy taking this course and learning about the history of different wines, how they're made, how they differ, and of course, how they taste. Thanks again, Vittorio!

Nashville, Tennessee
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Excellent Wine Tasting”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We really enjoyed this course. The instructor is very knowledgeable. He taught about Tuscan wines as well as how to properly evaluate, smell, and taste wines. Great course, great experience.

Visited December 2011
Rome, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great wine tasting”
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Like others have said, the tasting was one of the highights of Florence for me. The place was a little hard to find (it's the blue 33 further down the street from the grey one, and it's Vittorio's home, not a business premises), but once inside the setting was great and Vittorio was a fantastic host. The explanation of Tuscany's wine regions was especially helpful, and the wine itself was phenomenal. Really great examples of each different type. I'd definitely recommend going, as it is totally worth the price, for all levels of wine knowledge.

Montreal Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“A must do for wine lovers “Perfect for all levels””
Reviewed October 29, 2011

THE number 1 destination in Florence for the wine lover,with a tight schedule The wine Academy is right across the Arno River facing the city centre -steps away from la Torre San Niccoló (approximately 1.5 kilometers from the Ponte Vecchio).Once you get there Don't look for any signs there are none, its the green door beside the Realestate office .This course takes place in a private home, Vittorio the sommelier and owner gives Daily wine tasting classes, in a beautiful Tuscan home setting with a great view of the city. Great informative and fun tasting. - I'm so happy to have found this place on TripAdvisor! My Buddy and I made a lunch out of this attraction we had great wine ,cheeses (different types) , bread ,olives ,awesome olive oil and yes my favorite Taralli.. What an experience! Our sommelier/Host Vittorio spoke good English and made the 2 hours we had lots of fun and very informative. This place is a gem not only is Vittorio, professional very passionate and knowledgeable about wine. He also is a great down to earth person, we walked out of the wine academy more educated and appreciative of Tuscan 'San Giovese ' wines. Grazie Vittorio , Ala Prossima !!

Visited October 2011