“Excellent food and service”

Trattoria San Lorenzo
Reserve with
Trattoria San Lorenzo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #192 of 2,876 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Lorenzo
Description: In one of the most beautiful squares of Florence, next to the Basilica of San Lorenzo, we propose typical and genuine cuisine with quality products.
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I ate here on our recent trip to Florence, and really enjoyed our meal as well as the great service. Our waiter was wonderful, even if his English (as he said) was not so good. We had the famous Florentine style bistec and it was fantastic. I am not much of a meat eater, but shared this with my husband along with crepes Florence style and an excellent caprese salad. So jealous that the tomatoes are ripe in Italy this time of year! Had a chocolate orange hazelnut cake for dessert and devoured every crumb. The house red wine was very good- no need to go for the more expensive wines. As a matter of fact, we found this to be the case most places we ate in Italy. Great meal with very attentive service- highly recommended.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,364)

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was excited about the reviews and now I must agree this is a tourist trap. I saw florentina on the menu and I have been waiting to have it ever since an Italian coworker told me about it. He also told me it I served rare bordering on blue rare. Needless to say when it came out medium well. The MOST I want my steak cooked it medium rare and even then I dot like it. Just because I'm not Italian doesn't mean they should decide to make my food as if I am some tourist who doesn't like real Italian food. The only ply side wa that the seasoning on it was great so I forced it down…when I talked I them about it they replied that I should have told them I wanted it rare and not medium well. It's a florentina it's supposed to be rare!! I shouldn't have to ask for it to be prepared properly! They should ask if I want it cooked more then normal! When I was jokin with them after and showed them a picture o a baseball cut I cooked at home they all shot it down saying it was thicker! No my baseball cut was the same thickness I'm sorry if u can't take blame for not cooking a steak properly is not my fault.

If u want a real Italian experience don't go here.

1  Thank Michelle J
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We went to this lunch spot that we got from trip advisor, it was really, really good. I didnt expect it to be great but it was! We sat outside and it was just nice- the sun, watching people, and the food was really good. We order an appetizer thats has the "taste of tuscany", my boyfriend ordered 4 cheese gnocchi and I had the seafood pasta. The baked gnocchi was hands down the best!!! My dish was also good! Good amount of seafood and my dish was pretty big. I would definitely go back for the baked 4 cheese gnocchi!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Tony 1 is the owner (his son, Tony 2 works there also) and is a wonderful host. He buys fresh from the local market and the food is terrific. You couildn't ask for better service. Be sure to check out his collection of Joseph Wallace King (Vinciata) paintings...he and King met while King was studying in Florence. Don't miss this wonderful place.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

The wait-staff was some of the more attentitive by Italian standards. The wine good and the food very good. We ate upstairs. Make a reservation regrdless of time. We had 830 reservations and downstairs was full but up emplty, but 9 the whole place was packed. Try the Boar - it was delicious. his Trattoria is VERY close the to Leather Market.