“Not impressed. Tourist trap”

Trattoria San Lorenzo
Reserve with
Trattoria San Lorenzo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #230 of 2,763 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Lorenzo
Description: In one of the most beautiful squares of Florence, next to the Basilica of San Lorenzo, we propose typical and genuine cuisine with quality products.
Calgary, Canada
“Not impressed. Tourist trap”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was excited about the reviews and now I must agree this is a tourist trap. I saw florentina on the menu and I have been waiting to have it ever since an Italian coworker told me about it. He also told me it I served rare bordering on blue rare. Needless to say when it came out medium well. The MOST I want my steak cooked it medium rare and even then I dot like it. Just because I'm not Italian doesn't mean they should decide to make my food as if I am some tourist who doesn't like real Italian food. The only ply side wa that the seasoning on it was great so I forced it down…when I talked I them about it they replied that I should have told them I wanted it rare and not medium well. It's a florentina it's supposed to be rare!! I shouldn't have to ask for it to be prepared properly! They should ask if I want it cooked more then normal! When I was jokin with them after and showed them a picture o a baseball cut I cooked at home they all shot it down saying it was thicker! No my baseball cut was the same thickness I'm sorry if u can't take blame for not cooking a steak properly is not my fault.

If u want a real Italian experience don't go here.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Michelle J

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
New York City, New York
“Good food, good location, good service”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We went to this lunch spot that we got from trip advisor, it was really, really good. I didnt expect it to be great but it was! We sat outside and it was just nice- the sun, watching people, and the food was really good. We order an appetizer thats has the "taste of tuscany", my boyfriend ordered 4 cheese gnocchi and I had the seafood pasta. The baked gnocchi was hands down the best!!! My dish was also good! Good amount of seafood and my dish was pretty big. I would definitely go back for the baked 4 cheese gnocchi!

• Visited June 2013
Southern Pines, North Carolina
“wonderful restaurant on San Lorenzo square”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Tony 1 is the owner (his son, Tony 2 works there also) and is a wonderful host. He buys fresh from the local market and the food is terrific. You couildn't ask for better service. Be sure to check out his collection of Joseph Wallace King (Vinciata) paintings...he and King met while King was studying in Florence. Don't miss this wonderful place.

• Visited October 2012
Tennessee
“Nice”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The wait-staff was some of the more attentitive by Italian standards. The wine good and the food very good. We ate upstairs. Make a reservation regrdless of time. We had 830 reservations and downstairs was full but up emplty, but 9 the whole place was packed. Try the Boar - it was delicious. his Trattoria is VERY close the to Leather Market.

• Visited May 2013
“Delicious food, great atmosphere and friendly staff.”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We just had a wonderful meal- best lasagne( & piping hot), tasty osso bucco, simple but satisfying spaghetti and fresh chicken breast with peppers. The waiters had a joke with the children and the chef came out to give them treats. We find that if you treat staff in restaurants well then they will give you good service in return. We loved this place and will definitely return.

• Visited May 2013