“The absolute highlight of my trip to Italy.”

A Slow Day in Tuscany
Ranked #143 of 355 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: 'Slow day in Tuscany'offered by Slow-Days® takes you to a family owned vineyard for wine tasting, a charming medieval hill town and full meal at a Tuscan Slow Food restaurant. Not so much a tour as a chance to meet the locals.
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My tour group consisted of six people (three couples), including a previous reviewer. We had the best of times. Simon was a real treat. He is super delightful, knowledgeable, and very happy to please his tour groups. Montefioralle is a wonderful place to see, Fernando was exceedingly hospitable, and the wine was delicious. If you want to stop to take photos, just tell Simon. If you have a question, he is happy to answer it.

Our tour-mates also made the day spectacular for us. Of course, your tour-mates are strictly luck of the draw, but we lucked out. Since being home I've connected with them via Facebook and would feel like if we ever ran into each other again we could pick right back up.

If you are on the fence about this tour, get off it. GO, GO, GO!!! You cannot be disappointed. At the time of this writing, there are 61 or 63 reviews. All but two are five stars. Those other two are four stars. You cannot get 61 or 63 people to agree that Heaven is a nice place. GO!

2  Thank Matthew S

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Our day started ominously with torrential rains but Simon arrived cheery and ready to show us his adopted country. We had the best time-as with other reviews the small size of the tour was a big draw but meeting Fernando and seeing his vineyard, the Amazing lunch in Panzano to unplanned additions of visiting Dario the butcher and visiting cloisters where we had an unexpected private tour-all added up to a simply perfect day.

You can't go wrong spending a day with Simon!

2  Thank laing67
Reviewed October 18, 2013

It was a major dilemma for me to choose which Tuscany day-tour to take. I finally decided on Slow Day in Tuscany because I liked the idea of NOT going to the tourist-packed towns of Pisa and San Gimignano. I definitely made the right decision!

My husband and I were joined in this tour by two lovely ladies from the U.S. and another from Australia. We exchanged nonstop banter on Simon's VW and everywhere we walked together. It was no doubt a slow day with Simon, who never rushed the group into and out of anything. The wine-tasting with Fernando was enjoyable, the stroll around the quaint town of Montefiorrale was idyllic, and the lunch was absolutely delightful!

Take a respite from walking the streets of Florence and go to Tuscany on a Slow Day with Simon. Yes, highly recommended!

1  Thank elatinazo
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I will tell everyone who is traveling to Tuscany to put this on the top of their list! After sightseeing in Florence for a full day, our "slow day" was a welcomed treat. Simon was a delight and I'd highly recommend this tour!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

What a wonderful way to spend a day in Tuscany. Thankyou Simon. The day was so enjoyable,so much fun, interesting and always surrounded by the most beautiful aspects of this region.

Regards Patsy