“Angelo Alterio is the BEST!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tour of Florence - Tours

Tour of Florence - Tours
Ranked #211 of 322 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour of Florence offers private and small group tours of Florence and Tuscany. Visit the Uffizi Gallery, the Pitti Palace, the Accademia, the Old Palace, Michelangelo's masterpieces with our excellent guides.
Chicago, Illinois
“Angelo Alterio is the BEST!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

My husband and I loved our custom tour of Florence with Angelo Alterio!! Angelo is extremely knowledgeable, enthusiastic and you can tell he cares about the art and the history of Florence. He guided us on a tour of the Uffizi museum and gave us background on the paintings and the progression of art through certain time periods. He patiently answered all of our annoying questions. Angelo also took us on a tour of the Accademia Gallery to see THE David by Michelangelo. Angelo gave us many insights and perspectives regarding the David and Michelangelo's work in general. Angelo has a great sense of humor and makes connections from the past to today's modern world and keeps things interesting. He also led us on a walking tour of Florence. He pointed out things that I would not have thought of and was really engaged with us. We LOVED Angelo!! When in Florence, you MUST book a tour with Angelo Alterio!!!!

Visited August 2012

New York City, New York
“For a very unique florentine experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

My husband and I were fortunate enough to take an entire day tour with Angelo. And we LOVED it. The tour had actually begun before we touched down in Italy. Angelo was gracious enough to help us plan our trip with some great tips on hotels, transportation and great eats beforehand vis email. It was like he was customizing our visit. We were already impressed and we haven't even met the guy yet. But SURPRISE! His passion and enthusiasm he shows in his tour made us realize how Medieval and
Renaissance art is alive in Florence.
Even more so with Angelo's irony and his bits on Italians.
Thank you Angelo! You really are the Best!

Visited March 2012
New York City, New York
“best walking tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

My wife and I were lucky enough to be on the walking tour with Angelo. I was very hesitant at first as I usually find guided tours dull and boring. She booked a private tour and to my delight, we were totally surprised at how we entertained we were, while at the same time learning so many things about Florence. We have to thank Angelo, since it was his passion and love for Florence that kept our attention. His ability to convey his profound knowledge in an amusing manner that made our first experience of the Ponte Vecchio, Piazza Signora, Duomo and the Michelangelo's David unforgettable. It is rare to find people whose love for what they do shine through and affect you and how you perceive things. Angelo has done that to us. We travel now not only for leisure, but with a keen interest to learn about a place's origins, present and future. I would highly recommend him to anyone visiting Florence. THANK YOU, ANGELO.

Visited July 2012
Rolle, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“An excellent Italian guide who speaks great English!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

This was a half day walking tour for 6 people. Angelo arranged it very well, checking at the start what everyone was most interested in. We visited the main sights of central Florence, bypassing the museum lines because Angelo had pre-bought the tickets.
He has a passion for Florence, & its' culture & that came over in the tour. He really knows the place & he makes the tour great fun!
Would recommend him for any English speaking tours

Visited May 2012
Rolle, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“WE LOVE ANGELO !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

I was in Florence this spring with my parents and decided to organize a guided tour with Angelo. Since I've been to Florence many times before and have also lived there in the past I thought I would be just tagging along for the ride. What a pleasant surprise and highlight of my trip to have found Angelo. We worked together to customize a tour hitting the highlights and even having been to Florence before I was learning so much about the places we were seeing. Angelo has a real passion for what he does and this shows through in his very entertaining and knowledgeable tours (especially of the statue of David at the Accademia). His english is perfect and he also conducts tours in Spanish and French as well. I also appreciated that he customized the tour for my aging parents who tire easy , they thoroughly enjoyed it at a pace they could keep up with. I would recommend Angelo to anyone wanting a personalized guide in Florence.

Visited March 2012