“Exquisite designs and masterful artistry in this wonderful local potter”
Review of M.G. Design

M.G. Design
Ranked #12 of 320 Shopping in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: IN the heart of the historic centre of Florence ,a few minute from the Duomo ,THe Church of Santa Croce and the Bargello Museum , you can meet the art studio&shop M.G.DESIGN in via Ghibellina 119/r of MARIA GIOVANNA CIMINO .She is painting,preparing a kiln ,or even creating a new line . In her creations she is inspired by the Tuscan landscape ,poppies ,bright flowers,vineyards ,olive trees etcc on vases ,trays ,bowls etcc.All lead free and dishwasher safe . Maria Giovanna will be very glad to orders if you allow her the time to make each piece unique .The products ,once done ,will be safely shipped to you and insured for possible damage .One of MARIA GIOVANNA's pieces in your home is a splendid souvenir of your visit to FLORENCE Few minute from Santa S Croce Church and Bargello Museum.
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exquisite designs and masterful artistry in this wonderful local potter”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Maria Giovanna Cimino paints and fires her absolutely exquisite Tuscan designs onto pottery of all shapes and sizes right in her easy-to-find and quaint shop -- visiting the shop, meeting Maria, and taking home one of her outstanding pieces of work is an absolute MUST for any visitor to Florence. It is true that you can find many places selling hand-painted pottery, but the intricacy of Maria's designs and the quality of her artistry stand way far and above any other. These are true pieces of art with unique and spohisticated detail. You will treasure having a piece of Maria's work in your home for life!

Visited April 2013

Waynesboro, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“MUST see in Florence”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is a must see when you visit Florence! Maria's shop is easy to find....a little jewel in this beautiful city. While visiting Florence for 3 months I spent many hours talking to Maria and trying to decide the pieces I loved. The problem was I loved them all. Now that I am back in the States, enjoying the pieces I bought and remember the delightful time I had with a NEW friend with a very special talent for designing the Tuscan landscape. Stop in and take a look, you won't be disappointed in the beauty of her art.

Visited May 2013
Evanston, Illinois
“Beautiful hand-crafted ceramics”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I'm so glad I found Maria's shop! Her hand-painted works are beautiful, and she spent a lot of time with my girlfriend and myself discussing the various pieces in her shop. In the end, I wound up buying a birthday present for my mom, and also two pieces for myself. Two of the pieces were not even painted yet, I just told Maria what pattern I wanted on the various pieces. She took the order, and when she was done painting the pieces, she shipped everything to the US (to two separate addresses), and everything arrived, exactly as I wanted, with absolutely no problem! I really love the items I bought for myself, and I'll definitely go back to her shop next summer, when I'm in Florence!

Omaha, Nebraska
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“An Italian artist in modern times”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Anyone visiting Tuscany will come across countless ceramics as souvenirs. None are as unique and well made as Maria's. I first visited her shop in 1998 and have treasured those items in my home for years. I was thrilled to stumble upon her shop again in July 2013. MG Design has some of the same 'classic' designs she is undoubtedly well known for, but her new styles are just as lovely - lavender, poppies, etc. Her pieces are are true Tuscan, so lovely, so unique, and passionately done. When you leave with an item you will take something home truly made with care. That is the beauty of travel!

“Beautiful!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

When I peeked in her little store, Maria was painting one of her pieces. When my friends and I came in she stopped to talk to us about her work. Everything in her shop is lovely. Sadly, I could not buy anything because I had many more places/countries to visit and I didn't want anything to break. Perhaps I will go to her website when I get home and order something. So happy to have stumbled upon her shop!