“Most excellent..”

Neighborhood: Pitti
Darwen.
“Most excellent..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Just back from here so thought I'd give a review.
We went for a stroll to find somewhere to eat and found this place almost deserted, surely some mistake?
The host is most welcoming but speaks little English, don't let put you off as we managed fine by using the English menu. The food is excellent quality, fresh and tasty. The service excellent and the bill reasonable. An comfy little restaurant in the less touristy part of Florence. I almost gave 5 stars but he doesn't take credit/bank cards, it's cash only. If you do forget there is an auto bank opposite. Worth the short walk across the river, it's much quieter (and cheaper) over there...

• Visited October 2012

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Charming, local, quaint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

We visited here last summer while visiting our daughter who was studying in Florence. My husband and I were walking in the Oltrarno, which we enjoy very much because it is across the river from the more "touristy" part of Florence. So much local flavor in the area! My husband and I went for a walk and stumbled onto this charming, small restaurant and simply had a lovely time. It is tiny and we almost didn't go in--we were a bit intimidated since it was so "local" and our Italian language skills are pretty much nonexistent! We went back again the next night with our daughter and son for dinner. We thought the food was delicious. Sylvia, the owners niece, was so very sweet! We met someone there at dinner who was also from the US, and ended up having wine and dessert with him. So fun! I can't wait to go back the next time we are in Florence! I highly recommend visiting this memorable spot!

• Visited July 2011