The Enthusiastic Traveler One Day Tours
Review Highlights
Magnificent tour of Rome, Florence, Tuscany and Venice

Doumina arranged an extraordinary itinerary to include Rome, Florence, the countryside of Tuscany... read more

Reviewed January 1, 2020
157AlexM
Chanute, Kansas
Lovely time in the Valpolicella Wine Region and Verona

Having already been on two excursions with Doumina, we made arrangements with her for a visit to... read more

Reviewed December 19, 2019
Jan-Minott
Missoula, Montana

All reviews amalfi coast lemon grove il falconiere tuscany and umbria cheese making etruscan tombs amazing dishes italian adventure wine tasting wonderful trip brunello tour truffle hunt cooking class fabulous guide our entire trip our honeymoon amazing tour
Selected filters
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Doumina spoke to me a few times on the phone to get a feel of the needs of our vacation. I was so unsure since my husband and I have never been out of the USA. She said "trust me". She picked a place for us to stay knowing it would be a great location for what we wanted to do. We had planned to go from a 12 day cruise, rent a car, and drive from the port to south Tuscany. Doumina told me she would set up a driver to pick us up from the port and drive us to the rental 2 1/2 hours away where we could then rent a car and do our road trips. I was reluctant but I took her advise and I am so glad I did. The couple we traveled with thought I did a fabulous job with this part of the trip but the fact is I only took Doumina's advise!!!

Date of experience: October 2011
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Doumina states that a trip to Italy is "life changing"; she is not wrong. I will forever treasurer my first trip to Italy with her.

I would do myself and others who read this a disservice if I were to attempt to catagorize my experiences. I will say however that Poggio al Sole was a special treat in every way. The simple tastes of olive oil, wine and organic produce were prepared for us from the heart. The rooms were delightful; stepping out into the morning Tuscan sunshine, overlooking nothing but tranquillity. Ahhhh.

Cortona, Siena, Perugia, Orvieto, Rome; reflections equal smiles.

Thank You Doumina for seeing to our every whim. It was for me, a trip of a life time!

Reviewed October 4, 2011

Wife and I joined Doumina last Sunday for a tour of St. Francis's at Assisi, St. Maria's, Wine tasting, Cooking school aand dinner in Canara.

She had a 6 person group on tour but at the last minute she was able to squeeze us in for the day. She had the most amazing guide for us, Marco, at the churches. The van driver was great, as was the wine tasting, cooking school, dinner we had, people we met on tour and Italian friends we made. It was well worth the money.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

We would highly recommend traveling with Small Vineyard's guide, Doumina, for an insider's look into the lives of Italian families owning small, sucessful wineries. The food and wine were so delicious; the accommodations were nice and comfortable. We really enjoyed our travels in Italy thanks to Doumina and her excellent driver.

Date of experience: November 2010
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Our time with Doumina and her total support ensamble was the best. The engagement of food, wine, guided tours of the many sites we visited was perfect. We had the best accommodations and host. This was an extraordinary time in our lives and so well
delivered by the best possible minds and support one could hope for. We are impressed for all the right reasons.

We can't say enough in support and appreciation for all those who made for a wonderful time in Italyl Grazie Mille! Italy rocks!