“Ideal for those of us of a certain age!”
other travelers have booked this property
Living Room Dining Room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Living Room
Details of the livingroom : old reproductions of the  David's  and Proserpina's head
The Master Bedroom
Little vintage florentine shrine with angels.
Details of the shrine.
Bedroom ,details.
Old Plaster cast of Madonna with Child.From our florentine family.
Details of bedroom :part of the our collection of cloth hearts.
The Master Bedroom
An corner of the bedroom  enriched with a floral arrangement
.An romantic atmosfere.
Stairs
Entrance and elevator.
Down in the street .The lovely olive tree behind UFFIZI GALLERY and in front of  the building
Down in the street.Walking towards the Old Bridge.
An overview of the road.
The ancient Accademia down in the street. Its main entrance is in the Uffizi Gallery.
The street towards Uffizi Gallery,immediately on the right in the photo.
The street towards Old Bridge.Few steps on the right walking out from building .
An overview of the same large archway from the courtyard of the Uffizi Gallery.
To reach the flat through the great arch of the Uffizi Gallery.In the background the building .
The  street of the building in the evening .On the top left an artistic installation.
Details down in the street .
In the Uffizi distrct  there are singular artistic productions.Night vision.
The Old bridge in the night.Steps from the apartment.
Well stocked high quality grocery shop;steps from apartment .
The flat’s excellent location ,in the heart of medieval Florence.Really steps from Uffizi Gallery !
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Portuguese first
Any
myra219
Bordeaux, France
“Ideal for those of us of a certain age!”
Reviewed October 16, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

Rosella's apartment was recommended to us by a friend who has, herself, stayed there more than once. We were not disappointed! Everything is as described by both the web-site and by independent reviews.

Rather than repeat what has already been said in a dozen excellent reviews, I think that it might be useful to write from the point of view of the more 'senior' tourist who may have mobility or health concerns

My husband and I flew to Pisa and took the 'Pisamover' shuttle bus to the central station in Pisa and then the train to Florence and then a taxi to the apartment. Connections were smooth and by following the introductory information sent to us by Rosella, we managed to cope despite our very limited Italian. Taxis are run by the 'Commune' so have set, well publicised prices and a central booking number. There is also a taxi rank within two minute's walk of the apartment. For our return to Pisa by train we walked to the station.

The apartment has a lift which is a great help when one is lugging suitcases or food shopping. Rosella thoughtfully provides a shopping trolley. The stairs up to the bedroom are steep but have a solid handrail and are well lit.

The central location is ideal for those of us who need a break between cultural visits or even a short siesta after lunch. Walking on uneven pavement and coping with crowds can be very tiring and coming back to this oasis of calm was greatly appreciated. Warning...If you have bought your entries to the Uffizi or the Accadamia on line, you need to exchange these for proper tickets at an office near the main entrances before you get in the queue!

During our stay I needed to call the Ambulance in the small hours of the morning (heart problem). I was able to speak to someone who understood English, they arrived in 10 minutes and I was taken to the central hospital where the emergency doctor also spoke English. To return to the apartment, the hospital called us a taxi. So, for us, the instructions for accident and emergency and for the English speaking Doctor who I called later in the week, worked perfectly.

An added bonus was the excellent Wifi connection. We could double check opening times for those locations we wanted to visit, check train times and flight departures and keep in touch with family and world events. As far as we could work out the television only broadcasts in Italian but if you find a film, the language can usually be changed to 'Inglese'!

The nearest supermarket, just over the Ponte Vecchio a 10 minute walk, stocks all the basics plus pre-cooked chilled dishes which were easy to re-heat in both the micro-wave and on the induction hob. Although we ate out locally we also enjoyed trying the sort of food that the locals would buy for their families after a busy working day. We also shopped at the Mercato Centrale where the range of fresh fruit and veg and different meats and fish are too good to resist! Five minutes walk from the apartment we found 'Rivoire' a 'Fabrica de Choccolata established in 1872. Senora carefully wrapped a plate of cakes for us with old fashioned grace.

So thank you again Rosella. We had a wonderful visit and do hope that many more people will be able to enjoy Florence thanks to your thoughtfulness and imagination.

Liked best: Ambiance and Location
Your age range 65+
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Oct 19, 2015
My dear guests, thank you for your ample and beautiful review. I am glad to know that my instructions and the prompt assistance received have been useful to your holiday in Florence. The excellent location of the house is of basic importance for any unexpected problem.Also I am glad to hear that all the services inside the house have been effective to live a comfortable and safe stay . I’ll wait for you again to taste togheter also the good chocolate of Rivoire , that we both appreciate very much. Take care ! Warmly , Rossella the owner .
KEurope
United States
“Perfectly Perfect!”
Reviewed September 25, 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

Perfectly Perfect!
I cannot tell you how much I adore Rossella and her most excellent apartment! Rossella is the most kind & generous, sweet & friendly person you will ever meet; she is the best landlady for a vacation rental I have ever met. She went out of her way during the planning phase of my trip to help me with questions/answers and to find information. She greeted me upon arrival and showed me where all the shops were that I would need. The apartment itself is charming, quiet, cozy, well-appointed, and beautifully decorated. It has every single thing a vacationer could possibly want; Rossella outfits the apartment as if she were staying there.

As a single woman travelling alone, I am always very concerned about location, safety & security. All of the criteria were met. It was a 5-minute walk to Duomo and Baptistry, one block to the Arno, two blocks to Ponte Vecchio. Next door is a church where they have evening concerts on occasion; I got to see one while I was there. The Accademia was a 10-15 minute walk and the train station is only 15-20 minutes at the outside. I didn't know that when I arrived so I got a taxi to the apartment, but people walk all over Florence with rolling luggage, and after I had walked to Church of Santa Maria Novella next to the station and realized how close it was, I was perfectly comfortable walking to the station with my suitcase on the morning I departed by train for Rome. Everything else was even closer to the apartment - Uffizi, Bargello, Palazzo Vecchio, and on and on!

I always felt perfectly safe to venture out at night - once to the Arno to watch the sun set over the Ponte Vecchio, often around the corner to Carapina for gelato (they got to know me, I went so often!) - that's the best gelato in the city, by the way, and one evening to the church concert and another evening around the corner to Piazza de la Signoria just to sit and watch people. There is a good police presence in the area, particularly at the Signoria, and at Uffizi. Oh, and be sure to ask Rossella about the significance of the olive tree and the statue mounted high up on the exterior wall of the Uffizi, visible from the street outside the apartment.

This was a beautiful city, easy to navigate, and the apartment is so perfectly located, you can't beat it! And, personally, I liked having a bedroom and bath upstairs - it gave me the feeling that I had actually gone somewhere, like walking around at home! Oh, and comfy bed and lots of towels!

Liked best: Rossella!
Liked least: Nothing!
Traveling group: Solo
Sep 26, 2015
Dear Karen thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive and detailed review of my apartment and on me. I really appreciated your words. I try to do my best to offer all possible support to my guests, especially for those traveling alone and I'm happy when my commitment is recognized.Thank you again for your beautiful valutations. Florence excites for its extraordinary beauty so I hope to see you back in this my wonderful native city and to meet you once again ! Rossella the owner.
Di1920
Province of Florence, Italy
“Perfect Location and Amazing Owner”
Reviewed May 31, 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

Great location between the Uffizi and Piazza delle Signoria and a short step to the Ponte Vecchio, so we were easily able to walk around the city in the evening to enjoy the passing crowds and listen to the musicians.. Signora Rosella is a marvellous host full of advice and information, as well as welcoming gifts of fresh coffee, a bottle of wine etc. Her extensive library includes English language books about the various museums and churches in Tuscany as well as Florence, with excellent reproductions of paintings, frescoes and sculptures, as well as a range of travel guides. She also spent time making sure we knew where to go for the best in food and drink in Florence and Pisa, and made us feel very much at ease in her home. Thank you!
NBThere are stairs to the bedroom, so not suitable for children or those with climbing problems.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Signora Rossella was the consummate host, and made our stay exceptional.Directions to the property were clear and she was prompt in arriving and farewelling us.
Liked least: Florence was really busy during the day with tour groups, so we enjoyed the quieter early mornings and evening periods
Friends getaway Older travelers
Reviewed May 5, 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Liked best: Decor
Liked least: Having to leave
solotrave...
Melbourne, Australia
“Couldn't be bettered”
Reviewed January 17, 2015 for a stay in September 2014

I had the pleasure of spending a week in Uffizi Flat in September 2014 and had a wonderful stay. Rossella was a delightful person to deal with, answering any queries promptly, meeting me as promised at the accommodation, taking me for an orientation walk and when I was departing and all the taxi services were too busy to take me to the train station Rossella walked with me (wheeling one of the cases), insisting we stop for a reviving coffee half way there! The flat has all the amenities required, although with so many cafes/bars/restaurants a few minutes away I spoiled myself and mainly ate out. To be right in the heart of magical Florence is a joy.

Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Toni R
Burleigh Heads, Australia
“A wonderful holiday in a beautiful apartment! Perfect hostess!”
Reviewed September 4, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

This is a fabulous location, close to Uffizi and to the Ponte Vecchio. The apartment itself is a delight – beautifully decorated to showcase the art and style of Florence. All the furnishings match the style of the apartment and give it such an authentic feel. It is such a quiet, comfortable and relaxing apartment, yet right outside the door of the building you are right back in the excitement of Florence.
We were welcomed with bottle of wine (good wine) by Giovanni who also gave us lots of information about the local area and some other good tips. Rossella had also left us a discount voucher for the nearby Antico Fattore restaurant (where we had a wonderful meal) and a good deal on lunch at Le Tre Comari.
The owner, Rossella has put a lot of thought and attention into about what she has provided in the unit, for example umbrellas, shopping trolleys – even a sewing repair kit! There are lots of books, both guide books and reading books. The guide books were very useful and meant we didn’t have to spend money on gallery guides ourselves.
The bed was very comfortable with extra pillows and bedding in the cupboards. The brand new washing machine worked very well and the clothes dried quickly on the portable clothes hanger. The kitchen is cosy but well-appointed with a coffee pot and even with fresh coffee.
There is an air conditioner but we did not need to use it because the unit was cool, especially with the windows opened. There are instruction manuals for all the appliances which was helpful.
Rossella was great to deal with via email while we were booking the unit. She responded very quickly to our emails and keen to ensure we had all the information we needed. We met her at the end of our stay and she was absolutely charming and an interesting conversationalist. She even gave us a small gift to remember our stay and we were very touched by her warmth. Rossella is a perfect hostess and wonderful ambassador for Firenze and Italy.
She also accommodated our request for a later checkout so we didn’t have to wait with our luggage at the train station. Thanks for a great holiday Rossella – your apartment and your personalised service gets 6 stars from us!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, extra facilities in the apartment, attention to detail
Sep 10, 2014
Dear Toni,
thank you very much for your review and the six-star rating ! I'm really flattered and I do hope to see you back in Florence.Sincerely Rossella the owner.
Brittany...
Glendale, California, United States
“Terrific place to stay!”
Reviewed September 3, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

The Uffizi Apartment was not only steps away from one of the most fabulous museums in the world of the same name (Uffizi), but it was also a very cozy, convenient rental with many accommodations. The owner was very friendly and hospitable making sure everything was accounted for before letting my aunt and I stay our time there. She even gave us discount coupons for restaurants in the area! All basic utilities worked flawlessly and it was a very cute little apartment, surrounded by fine art and floral-printed decor. To my knowledge, it was quite reasonable in terms of cost as well. What's also nice is the location is right in the middle of Florence with many attractions all around. You can walk to many sights very easily. I highly recommend and I would definitely stay again next time I visit!

Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The location
Liked least: It was perfect!
Traveling group: Extended Family
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing