“Best ice-cream I have ever had in my life...”
Review of Bar Perseo s.r.l.

Bar Perseo s.r.l.
Ranked #24 of 58 Coffee & Tea in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Uffizi
WLG, NZ
“Best ice-cream I have ever had in my life...”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

...and I've had a lot of ice-cream.

Can't speak for the coffee or any of the other flavours but the trifle, marscarpone, and dark chocolate were to die for. And yes, I had 3 flavours because they also had no problems accommodating that in a 2-scoop cup.

My only regret, that I'm only in Florence 1 day and can't go back tomorrow.

• Visited April 2013

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1,254 restaurant reviews
“The Best on The Square”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Al fresco antipasto spritz with Aperol Venetian style followed by packed juicy brushetta and a cooled bottle of multipulciano. A nice waiter called Franco but don't eat the awful watery Olives yeeeeak!

Visited February 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“The Big 3 - great coffee, fantastic location and the best hot chocolate”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

An Italian family friend that has lived in Florence for most of his life, took us here for a late afternoon coffee. He told me that in his view, Bar Perseo was one of the best places for coffee in all of Florence, and he was right, the coffee was short, smooth and a little bitter - perfect. My teenage daughters had the hot chocolate which they loved, so thick and chocolaty you could eat it with a spoon. And to top it all off, you are in one of the best locations in all of Florence - what a perfect place. Now remember you are in Italy, so stand at the bar for the real Italian experience

• Visited January 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Booze & Custom Coffees!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

On a corner of the Piazza Della Signora, it's a traditional Italian cafe where you order at the counter and sip/eat at said counter whilst making new friends.

Tip 1: Hot chocolate in Italy isn't Swiss Miss. It means melting a chocolate bar, adding a smattering of milk and topping off with heavy cream. If you can't sip syrup, I'd suggest getting something else.

Tip 2: get an Irish coffee. I'm not a fan, but the near freezing temperatures forced me to give this body-warmer a try. I swear this was one of the tastiest concoctions I've ever sipped! It was also fun seeing the barista expertly prepare our drinks.

Tip 3: If you sit outside, you'll see lots if horse-drawn carriages near the patio. Ask to pet the horses. It was such an otherworldly, magical experience to have horses so tame that they lean into you when you pet them.

Tip 4: Their desserts are enormous and worth the price. I order strawberries and cream and they brought out a goblet with at least 2 trays or sliced strawberries and a heaping mound of real whipped cream the size of a baseball. His gelato trio could have fed a Roman legion - no, seriously, 3 baseball-sized scoops with an assortment of cookies and hot fudge do not make happy jeans.

• Visited December 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Worst meal in Italy with good views”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

It was December 25th and not much was open in Piazzale Michaelangelo so we settled for this one as we wanted to enjoy the view and people watch. We ordered 1 plate of antipasti and two main courses. The waiter came back with 2 plates of antipasti and when I tried to get his attention he just ignored me and went off. I was persistent and got it fixed.The food was horrible and I had to fix it with olive oil and salt and pepper to made it edible! It was our worst meal in Italy . Overrated and bad service too.

• Visited December 2012